Senior IDQ Developer - Financial Crimes Data QualityApply Now
- Requisition # 10038283-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 09/15/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The senior IDQ developer will support Data Governance policies and perform necessary functions of project initiatives in support of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This position requires strong technical, business, and analytical skills to assist in data quality monitoring & measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting, and requirement gathering. For the build-out of the Data Governance Program, the incumbent will be required to help promote data accountability, write technical data quality rules, monitor data quality results through an executive Data Quality Scorecard. This will require coordination and performance of data remediation across the Americas, and coordinate, define and ensure adherence with established controls starting with Key Data Elements across Business Lines.
- Facilitate our Data Integrity Informatica IDQ vision by implementing and supporting strategy for Data Quality as a Service oversight, and governance.
- Coordination and interacting with technical and business groups within the department.
- Build and promote a self-service Data Quality anomaly identification, tracking, reporting and resolution model.
- Execute initiatives based on this vision and ensure adherence to enterprise data standards, quality, and monitoring processes.
- Support the Business Lines Data Quality assessment needs.
- Ensure data sourcing best practices, straight-through data sourcing approach meets SLA
- Educate business and strategic partners on the value of Data Quality assessment, remediation and maintenance.
- Develop proof of concept prototypes for next-generation data profiling, data quality and integrity assessment toolsets
- Assist Business Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals.
- Participate in testing activities at all levels to include (test plans, test cases and test scripts).
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and new requirements.
- Strong hands-on experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 10.x) tooling configuration, operation, development and SQL is required
- 5+ years of Data Quality Management, Building out assessments, Rules, Thresholds, scorecards and metrics. Interpreting results and working with the Stakeholders to build out remediation plans.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing Data Quality Dashboards using Visualization tooling.
- 5+ years of Advanced knowledge in database design, analytics and Business Intelligence Reporting
- Advanced SQL coding, database knowledge and data modeling knowledge are a must
- Validated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with Greenplum a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of various teams
- Capacity to identify and understand business needs and incorporate into technical requirement solutions
- Validated analytical and problem-solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend/implement effective solutions
- Banking/Financial Services experience is strongly desired
- Financial Crimes (BSA/AML/OFAC) compliance knowledge is an added advantage
- Experience in implementing the data quality controls for Financial Crimes (BSA/AML/OFAC) compliance is strongly desired.
- Must be able to perform well in high pressure, time sensitive.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.