Corporate Banking, Operations Strategy ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10034598-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 04/01/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Corporate Banking, Operations Strategy Manager
We are looking to hire an experienced Corporate Banking operations manager to lead a high-performing business analyst team to support Global Corporate and Investment Banking’s continued expansion in the corporate banking operations build out. The role will lead both a direct and matrixed team across the business, technology, and front office to execute on the product roadmap. As a leader, you will need to balance M&A integration, operations stabilization, and product implementations accordingly, and ensure appropriate prioritization and resource allocation.
First, you will support back office end users and IT management to stabilize the back office organization and meet system integration commitments. After meeting the organization’s operations and technology imperatives this candidate will partner closely with the front office on key new product developments and implementation. You will lead key pivotal initiatives; develop content with domain experts, and support IT members in system design and testing. The successful candidate will serve as a centralized corporate lending back office strategy manager, providing strategic guidance to influence operating decisions on a global basis.
- Partner with key business units to define our products/platforms and operating model and to build out a clear roadmap
- Partner with technology and operations to execute on the product roadmap, by leading business requirements gathering, system design reviews, end user testing, and implementation activities
- Update operation processes and procedures according to new product implementations and system changes, and develop end user training plans when appropriate
- Oversee user project activities, and develop project management routines to drive forward clear visibility and escalation
- Creation of resource and budget plans according to task needs, and the recruitment of internal/external talent when the need arises, including performance management
- Lead user acceptance testing – plan creation and test case review/execution
- Develop work breakdown structures and ensure clear transparent accountability for all tasks
- Develop management reporting routines to keep senior leadership in OTA apprised of the progress, risk and issues
- Provide post implementation support to back office end users and lead critical issue identification, triage, and resolution as needed
- MBA or Master’s degree with a specific focus on Economics, Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 10+ year of experience in corporate banking lending operations, preferably with knowledge of lending operations end to end workflows and processes.
- Knowledge of corporate lending end to end process (e.g. credit, loan booking, payments, settlements, etc.)
- Knowledge of supply chain financing terminology (e.g. buyer/seller led, eligibility checking, discounting, participation out, etc.)
- Experience managing large-scale projects that span several years, various business units and cross borders
- Ability to develop partnerships, encourage teams and set a vision
- Flexible in his/her work style, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key partners
- Proactive with high degree of initiative, innovative problem solver with the ability to derive, formulate and develop new concepts processes and beneficial activities
- High EQ with superb communication skills who has the ability to manage many competing priorities and effectively work under stress
- Positive team orientated attitude who has experience in such collaboration tools as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Technology
- Primary Location Jersey City, New Jersey
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time