Transfer Pricing - AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10036065-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Jersey City, NEW JERSEY
- Date Posted 06/18/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The MUFG Americas Transfer Pricing Group (TPG) is responsible for the analysis of intercompany transactions impacting MUFG affiliates in the Americas Region. The TPG houses responsibility for transfer pricing governance, planning, functional and technical analysis and tax and regulatory examination defense, all part of an integrated team of professionals.
Reporting to the Transfer Pricing Technical Directors, the Transfer Pricing Analyst will be a member of the TP Technical Team. This individual will be responsible for assisting on various transfer pricing topics, including 1) fact gathering for business transactions, 2) developing and documenting support for business transactions, 3) conducting periodic reviews of transfer pricing documentation and financials, and 4) supporting the end-to-end transfer pricing process, and 5) providing other transactional and project support.
The ideal candidate possesses excellent oral and written communication skills; a strong grasp of fundamental accounting, finance, and transfer pricing principles, and has a keen interest in transfer pricing and financial services. The candidate will be detail-oriented, able to take ownership of tasks and projects, and complete assigned tasks timely and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
The responsibilities for this position include the following activities:
- Obtaining and documenting facts necessary to establish and support transfer pricing;
- Preparing and updating transfer pricing documentation for assigned business units, and coordinating process where input from stakeholders is required;
- Communicating and collaborating closely with internal customers and stakeholders including Business and Support units, Legal, Controllers, Compliance and Financial Planning Analysis to ensure effective and seamless processes where possible; and
- Interfacing extensively with TP Operations to ensure implementation of technically sound and well-controlled transfer pricing methodologies and calculations;
- Working on projects as determined, and preparing presentations, financial analyses, and well-written documents supporting transfer pricing positions; and
- Working and collaborating in cross-functional team environment.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualifications:
- An undergraduate level degree in Management, Finance, Economics, Tax and/or related field;
- Ideally work experience in a related field, preferably with knowledge of transfer pricing and financial services;
- Excellent writing, presentation, financial analysis, and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge obtaining and analyzing data, and preparing financial analyses and summaries,
- Ability to work in dynamic team environment, strong inter-personal skills, detail-oriented, and ability to complete tasks efficiently and accurately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.