2023 Investment Banking Project Finance AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10054520-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 07/27/2022
- Location Los Angeles, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
**Role to start in June 2023 - this position is open for current students with a graduation date between Winter 2022 and Spring 2023.**
Investment Banking Project Finance Analyst
Responsible for performing financial and credit analysis on prospects and existing customers, as well as supporting origination efforts to win new mandates and execute project finance transactions.
MUFG’s Project Finance Team:
MUFG is an expert in project finance and power project finance, with over three decades of continual lending activity. We have one of the most extensive project finance portfolios in the industry, with approximately $16 billion in lending commitments in the Americas. We have remained the #1 ranked overall project finance bank since 2009 (11 continuous years), and successfully led and closed project transactions across a variety of technologies, with an emphasis on renewables in the recent past.
MUFG’s project finance team comprises approximately 70 individuals active in the Americas markets across verticals power, natural resources, infrastructure and Latin America, in addition to portfolio management professionals. Additionally, project finance has dedicated partners in debt capital markets (institutional sales, bank syndications and private placements) and interest rate derivates.
The originations team is responsible for maintaining relationships and executing transactions for our clients in the commercial bank, term loan B and private placement markets. MUFG’s project finance clients are private equity funds, pension funds and other funds, independent power producers, and unregulated business segments of utility companies.
- Conducting detailed credit analysis and financial due diligence on new business opportunities for Project Finance transactions in North America in the power and related infrastructure sectors
- Modeling complex cash flow projections, assisting in analyzing credit agreements, drafting term sheets
- Working with Bank product partner as needed (Capital markets, sponsor coverage, syndications, Interest Rates Swaps, Foreign Exchange)
- Supporting Project Finance deals and transactions through to closing and liaising with the Portfolio Group, applying in-depth knowledge of the project finance market, credit analysis and administration
- Preparing marketing materials (pitch books) for power Project Finance deals
- Analyzing new transactions and writing credit applications to be delivered to the internal credit team for their review and approval
- Performing due diligence, including reviewing market studies, engineering reports, financial models, customer financial information, project contracts, and legal analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- An internship with related Project Finance and/or investment banking experience is a decisive asset
- Knowledge of cash flow, intermediate accounting, credit analysis and documentation
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Ability to write clear and concise presentations and memorandum with limited assistance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all product partners and support areas with limited guidance
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Onsite