Associate Lease Accountant, AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10043074-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 07/24/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Accounting position to assist with operational accounting and controls. Review accounting entries and reports for daily and monthly processing. Prepare reports and analysis required for internal and external reporting requirements for financial statements, managerial evaluation, and regulatory compliance. Provide operational support for various compliance and operational activities, including audit and regulatory requirements. Review lease documentation and support for current transaction; maintain appropriate documentation for reporting and audit.
- Responsible for book and tax accounting, as well as operational functions for the client portfolio.
- Ensure transactions are accounted for in accordance with GAAP, regulatory requirements and bank policies and procedures.
- Draft technical accounting memos and documentation for complex transactions.
- Coordinate with manager to present transactions and issues to Controller and Accounting Policy groups.
- Compile information to support sales, property, and income tax payments and accounting, including deferred taxes.
- Complete special projects to support the department as required.
- 3 or more years of accounting experience (preferably 1-2 years of direct leasing experience) or significant experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of sales/property/income taxes, including deferred tax calculations.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Good business writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking abilities.
- Proactive and positive approach to problem resolution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; MS Project Knowledge of accounting software (IDS), lease pricing software, Visio, PeopleSoft, and SharePoint a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or Finance/Business with a strong concentration in accounting classes); CPA or MBA considered if less than 3 years of experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses