Branch Service Manager, Atwater, CAApply Now
- Requisition # 10036771-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 07/17/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
As the Branch Service Manager, you are responsible for leading all aspects of day-to-day branch operations with an emphasis on risk mitigation, regulatory compliance, and sales referrals. A successful candidate provides a positive customer service experience and indirect leadership to the sales staff to meet and exceed goals. This position is also responsible for developing new business and retaining and growing current relationships with customers.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, job grade is dependent on branch level and complexity. Exceptions to standard grade assignments require Regional Executive approval.
30% Branch Operations/Risk Management/Compliance
- Ensure understanding, knowledge, and adherence to operating policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements by branch staff.
- Resolve problems, exceptions, and account adjustments effectively.
- Approve or disapprove transactions within assigned authority limits.
- Act as Security Coordinator for the branch.
- Lead, monitor, and coach employees on how to deliver a positive customer experience.
- Solve issues and complaints in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Train tellers to identify quality referral opportunities.
- Improve sales by developing and participating in customer acquisition and retention programs and in local community activities.
- Open new consumer and business accounts as required.
- Serve as the acting manager in the absence of Branch Manager.
- Assist in building and maintaining a strong sales, service, and operations culture, fostering an environment where staff excels.
- Provide cross-training opportunities and direction for the career growth and development of employees.
- 5+ years' branch operations experience, including management
- Strong sales and service track record and the ability to communicate effectively with management and clients.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with compliance regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of banking practices and products and services, including any specialty areas assigned (ex: Priority or Cash and Save).
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.