Business Development Officer IApply Now
- Requisition # 10052763-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 05/13/2022
- Location Los Angeles, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to help our clients win big. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
The individual we are seeking will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and evaluating investment banking prospects through phone, email, and in-person efforts
- Building and managing the investment banking prospect pipeline for select industry bankers
- Building and maintaining relationships with leads and prospects
- Working closely with the industry lead bankers to execute various marketing initiatives involving social media, industry trade conferences, and networking events.
- 4-year college degree
- 2+ years experience in business development capacity (preferably in financial services industry) with track record of interfacing with C-Suite executives
- Process-oriented, disciplined, and experienced in using CRMs to report on lead development and prospecting activity
- Understanding of M&A, private equity and investment banking
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional, positive communication style
- Highly proactive, results-oriented, competitive, can-do attitude
- Good listener, great team player
- Ability to engage with prospects, develop relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Hybrid