Corporate Trust Operations SpecialistApply Now
- Requisition # 10033395-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 02/12/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Supervise multi-functional processing activities in support institutional securities services. Establish department workflow processes and control procedures in accordance with bank policies, risk controls and legal requirements. Independently investigate and resolve service issues by applying general industry practices and organizational precedents. Assign activities to staff ensuring they can accomplish their responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency.
Authorization & Workflow Controls
- Supervise team responsible for processing complex and specialized instructions related to service obligations for the business line.
- Responsible for supervision and direct approval of securities, cash and accounting activities of high value, over multiple processing systems and within critical deadlines.
- Frequently interact with internal department managers, clients and counterparties to ensure finality of settlements and accuracy of financial records.
- Responsible for review and approval of all department financial records.
Service Issues & Problem Resolution
- Independently analyze processing problems and service issues; determine best method for resolving to the mutual satisfaction of all parties.
- Implement preventative measures when warranted to mitigate similar events and to minimize operational losses or client service issues.
- Where recommendations require support of other departments or changes in client activities, coordinate with other appropriate decision makers.
Service Efficiency & System Enhancements
- Analyze opportunities to improve service efficiencies and coordinate with relationship management teams or internal operational support managers.
- Proactively identify activities where greater systematic processing can be achieved.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the development, testing and installation of system upgrades and enhancements.
- Evaluate impact to processing and control procedures; update procedures and train staff. 20%
- Establish and monitor performance objectives; appraise performance and recommend salary increase; ensure employee training and development; act as mentor; hire and terminate employees (or recommend) as necessary; coach and counsel staff.
- Ensure staff is cross trained on all department processes and units business resumption plan.
- Risk Management Focus on the Bank's soundness through a demonstrated knowledge of and a sensitivity to the current regulatory environment.
- Recognize and proactively address risk (including but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, consumer compliance and fair lending).
- Actively manage the control environment to avoid losses (including compliance with wage and hour policies), and ensure proper safekeeping of bank and customer assets.
- Actively support and ensure data accuracy and integrity for their responsible area.
- Effectively manage and proactively address risk in change activities.
- 8+ years experience in client support in financial services processing environments with significant experience with processing and controls for high-volume, high risk transactions.
- Must have keen understanding of processing systems and market practices relating to securities settlements, money market and margin movements, cash and currency payments.
- Full working knowledge of bank policies and financial control processes in addition to appropriate Federal and State banking regulations.
- KYC and anti-money laundering monitoring experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and manage workflows to meet critical deadlines.
- A strong track record in analyzing and quickly resolving issues and processing interruptions.
- Prior experience as team lead or supervisor.
- Experience with implementing project related enhancements to systems to improve controls or product-related efficiencies; strong track record of introducing changes to processing workflows and system platforms without service disruptions.
- Experience in evaluating business resumption needs; developing, testing and plan implementation.
- Excellent PC skills, processing and controls for securities and cash systems, preferable SEI & SunGard systems as well as UB banking and payment systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Transaction Banking
- Primary Location Los Angeles, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time