Credit Executive, Commercial Banking Financial Sponsors - VPApply Now
- Requisition # 10038014-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/01/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients’ best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Structure, underwrite and manage a portfolio of Private Equity-owned commercial client credit relationships within Commercial Banking’s Specialized Industries Group. Expand and deepen the client relationship with new credit commitments to both existing and prospective clients and by cross-selling bank products and services.
- Primary responsibility for underwriting, structuring and completing all approval requests.
- Initiate and ensure completion of all required loan documents and agreements.
- Conduct ongoing credit monitoring to ensure highest credit quality of assigned portfolio.
- Recognize / communicate potential credit quality issues within the Bank.
- Work as part of a team to deliver both credit products and non-credit services to clients and prospects.
- Call regularly on existing clients to obtain information that supports borrowers risk profile and obtains information necessary for effective credit monitoring.
- May be assigned to work with clients who have a higher risk profile or are in a turnaround situation.
- Develop and maintain advisory relationships with PE firms related to credit.
- May act as the sole point of contact for certain clients.
- In these relationships, CE will be responsible for both underwriting and marketing functions related to such clients.
- May work as the underwriting officer on syndicated credits where bank is the agent. Identify cross-selling opportunities to meet income generation goals.
- Responsible for increasing NOI of existing customers on an annual basis as well as cross selling additional products and services to those clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and is sensitive to the current regulatory environment
- Adhere to the bank's Risk Vision, and risk management policies and programs
- Recognize and proactively address risk (including but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary responsibilities, and privacy)
- Identify and appropriately manage risks.
- Ensure top quality data input in all bank systems such as AFS, ESB, RACER, TOPS, RA, etc.
- Typically requires 7+ years of commercial lending experience including credit portfolio management and client calling skills.
- Typically requires a BA, BS or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with syndicated o multi-bank credit facilities.
- Experience with leveraged transaction structures
- Effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, negotiate and manage corporate credit transactions.
- Proficiency in relevant PC skills including; Word, RA, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, and Internet access.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.