Banking Operations, Sr. Specialist (Bilingual Japanese/English)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10044202-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 06/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
- Provide marketing and operational supports to RMs by monitoring client activities, analyzing portfolio profitability, recognizing client needs, promoting bank’s services to the clients, conducting trouble shooting and investigation and acting as liaison between ACB(West) and various departments for any operational matters.
- Prepare loan documentation for loans, check the credit line balance for each loan disbursement, prepare and collect loan documentation and financial statement from customer and process accordingly.
- Develop, maintain, and work to broaden and deepen close relationship through daily contact with appropriate services to customers.
- Investigate customer problems and inquiries, and follow through to bring matters to a satisfactory conclusion, or escalate issues to Department Head or RM as appropriate.
- Update and maintain a variety of databases; retrieve data to produce reports, conduct analyses and respond to customer and management inquiries.
- Maintain full understanding of bank's internal policies and procedures relevant to the job responsibilities, acquire knowledge and keep abreast of overall banking operation and products as well as the financial market conditions.
- Recommend ways to improve and streamline workflow to generate higher level of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of corporate banking procedures, products and operations as required.
- Bilingual in Japanese / English.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to details.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer/problem solving skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.