Japanese Corporate Banking (JCB), Bilingual Relationship Manager, (English & Japanese), VPApply Now
- Requisition # 10038090-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/14/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Maintaining and servicing existing portfolio as Relationship Manager (RM)
- Developing banking business with existing and new customers
- As a member of the Corporate Banking Department within the Japanese Corporate Banking group, this position is responsible for generating significant revenue by actively managing business development opportunities and overseeing ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return working closely with related departments.
- This position will develop, implement, and maintain deposit, cash management services, loan, forex, derivatives and cross-sell products for corporate customers across JCB (West).
- Develop, maintain, and work to broaden and deepen close business relationship with existing clients as well as cultivate business with prospect customers.
- Co-work with members of the Portfolio Management, Client Service Departments, Product Offices, administration and middle/back office functions and RMs of Japanese Primary Offices in providing high quality overall banking services to the clients.
- Serve as contact officer for clients for matters relating to all banking services.
- Extend credit to clients identified as qualified clients based on their creditworthiness and credit requirements as well as their "fit" with the MUFG organization.
- With guidance from Management and consultation with Credit Divisions, establish and negotiate terms and conditions under which credit will be extended to various clients, making sure the terms are in compliance with the bank policy guidelines.
- Cross-sell bank products and services in collaboration with Product Office members by proactively identifying transaction opportunities, marketing each product to identified clients, negotiating the terms and conditions, and executing and documenting the transactions.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current creditworthiness of the clients. Obtain information through:
- Direct inspection of the clients' business and collateral
- Review of interim financial reports
- Personal interviews
- Review of other relevant documents.
- Perform all duties related to compliance matters as required by management. Ensure adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance as required.
- Perform special projects and duties relating to departmental services as assigned, including tasks related to internal and external audits and examinations.
- In-depth knowledge of business and finance practices, international banking transactions, lending regulations & procedures, and marketing strategies.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing and corporate lending positions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial aptitude and broad analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including excellent business writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.