Mortgage Region Sales Manager, Director, Los Angeles, CAApply Now
- Requisition # 10043396-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 04/30/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Reporting to the Head of Retail, the Retail Sales Manager I’s responsibility is to consistently generate profitable sales growth, commensurate with the potential of the market, by analyzing assigned market, developing and executing on action plans to maximize opportunities, properly allocate resources and ensure the right talent is in place to drive and grow the business. The Retail Sales Manager I will manage and direct sales efforts; and coordinate marketing activities for smaller, newer or underdeveloped regions, focused on growth, and may have fewer branches to support; and participate in strategic planning and goal setting to achieve maximum business results. This includes engaging with the customers as needed to support their team and own individual direct sales efforts. In addition to the job duties outlined below, the Retail Sales Manager I will oversee and maintain excellent working relationships with assigned Bank branch personnel and appropriate area executives.
- Drive sustainable sales growth - achieve annual channel sales plan by consistently meeting or exceeding Key Performance Indicators.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reviews – review reports, analyze results, look at trends in the business, review marketing initiatives and incentives and determine strategies to maximize purchase opportunities.
- Provide leadership and assistance to their team.
- Recruit, retain, coach, motivate and manage a sales management team for an assigned territory.
- Develop high impact sales staff through direct observation, timely feedback and specific action plans to improve performance.
- Assign and manage sales territories and budgeted resources to maximize business results and achieve established goals.
- Ensure team is properly trained and prepared for their role; manage turnover and vacancies to ensure business continues without disruption.
- Work closely with Head of Retail and marketing to plan and execute local marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a detailed sales plan with specific goals for each employee.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and provide written reports as required reflecting progress against established goals.
- Provide the Head of Retail and marketing regular reports about competitive products and pricing, marketing campaigns and forecasted sales results.
- Partner with, and maintain, excellent working relationship with appropriate contacts: Branch personnel, area executives, or Operations teams as applicable to ensure excellent customer service and transaction flow.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank and regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines, including Fair Lending and Community Reinvestment Act objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including familiarity with PCs and standard word processing applications.
- Ability to ensure that the analysis is consistent with the financial products being offered.
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss or basic income statement.
- Ability to create annual goals, implement controls over spending and procurement to ensure adherence to the firm's budget.
- Effective problem solver – present solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills, always projecting a positive attitude, and providing an environment of professional excellence.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced market environment.
Education, Licensure, Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in sales management with related experience in underwriting, processing and secondary markets preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience managing a P & L.
- Extensive experience and a strong understanding of all aspects of mortgage origination.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful, and results-oriented sales team.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.