MUFG Investment Banking Aviation Finance Analyst (Los Angeles, CA)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10056464-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 11/22/2022
- Location Los Angeles, CA | Berkeley, CA | Orange, CA | Ventura, CA | Oakland, CA | La Jolla, CA | Irvine, CA | San Francisco, CA | San Diego, CA | Santa Barbara, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Attention December 2022 or May 2023 Grads – looking for a full-time analyst role in a dynamic global team supporting the MUFG Americas aviation finance sector?
MUFG is seeking a dedicated, detailed Analyst to assist in the team's rapid growth in the aviation market.
This new analyst level opportunity offers a strong growth opportunity within MUFG. The position is responsible for assisting with coverage of Aviation clients in the Americas (Airlines, Aircraft Leasing Companies, Investors), originating and executing of structured transportation transactions, primarily in the Americas aviation sector. The role will also be responsible for critical support functions within transaction execution, including credit onboarding, credit underwriting, and financial modeling and analytics.
As a key member of MUFG's Aviation Finance team, the Transportation Industry Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of marketing materials and executing client/prospect proposals/transactions, while prudently balancing risk with opportunity.
This specifically includes:
- Working with senior Aviation originators and relationship managers to originate new prospects
- Engage in pitch-books and meetings
- Increase MUFG product penetration with existing clients
- Assist with the originating and structuring of financial product solutions for clients
- Conduct new and ongoing due diligence
- Assist in credit and documentation processes, while appropriately leading and maintaining acceptable risk
- Support MDs, Directors and VPs in preparing client presentations and internal discussions
- Assist with the building of new business and maintain profitable client relationships (preparation of responses to RFPs)
- Facilitate with new transaction execution (assist in the preparation of underwriting applications, internal committee memorandums and market commentaries)
- Assist in coordinating arrangements and documentation for internal deal approvals
- Develop and run complex financial models to produce projections, simulate scenarios, and obtain comparative financial data
- Produce periodic market updates for internal and external distributions
- Coordination and collaboration with internal client coverage and Credit/Risk teams
- Other various responsibilities as directed
- A B.A or B.S. is required by the time the role starts (an advanced degree is a plus, but not required)
- Preferred programs of study include business, finance, economics or other quantitative fields of study
- No experienced required – recent graduates are welcome, or seniors on track to graduate in May 2023
- A strong interest in the aviation and transportation industry and asset secured debt financing structures (including pricing and modeling) is a plus
- Exemplary MS Office skills, including proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical acumen including core knowledge of finance and accounting principles
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions, and build trust across the organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply
This role is based in Los Angeles, California.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Onsite