Relationship Manager - Hybrid, (Bilingual Japanese English)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10051740-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 04/01/2022
- Location Los Angeles, CA
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Reporting to Credit Lending Supervisor or RC Manager or assigned Credit Lending Manager, the Relationship Manager - Credit Lending is responsible for managing the relationships with small to medium sized corporate customers. Will primarily deal with basic lending products, Trade Finance, and Investment Banking Products, under moderate supervision.
50% - Develop and service depository and credit relationship.
- Independently ensure the satisfaction of assigned customers for the implementation and maintenance of depository and credit services.
- Sell cash management services, provide loans, and standby Letter of Credit.
- Resolve any issues, answering inquires related to existing and new services.
- Develop and analyzes financial information to determine the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans.
- Record the credit standing of customers and prospects.
30% - Call on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Visit customer’s office/site or conduct virtual meeting utilizing online tools.
- Negotiate conditions.
- Will interview customers to gain knowledge on business strategy, product needs, and financial conditions.
15% - Conduct KYC related tasks to comply with BSA/AML regulations and regulatory expectations
- Obtain requisite documents to conduct KYC directly from customers.
- Explain the background and updated information on KYC process to customers.
- Monitor customer activities from a KYC perspective.
5% - Management support.
- May assist JCB management including participate in projects and any other specials tasks assigned.
- Requires knowledge of basic banking principles, operations and workflow functions performed by various departments.
- Requires knowledge of depository and cash management services, of basic financial analysis and basic loan products, Trade Finance and Investment Banking Products.
- Degree from a four year college
- 3+ years related experience in the financial services industry
- Fluent in English and Japanese (verbal and written)
#LI-OnsiteThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Onsite