Sr. Relationship Banker, Manhattan Village, Manhattan Beach, CAApply Now
- Requisition # 10037990-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Manhattan Beach, CALIFORNIA
- Date Posted 09/02/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Have you always dreamed of pursuing a career where your interpersonal skills put the customer first? Do you love interacting and providing extraordinary customer service? We have the job for you!
This role will report to the Branch Manager. You will develop new and existing business and consumer banking relationships by actively soliciting new business from prospective clients and by contacting present clients to retain and expand banking relationships, to meet or exceed assigned monthly goals.
SALES AND NETWORKING:
- You will grow new business by researching and analyzing community markets, analyzing and prioritizing clients to target, planning and executing business development strategies and calling on existing and potential clients, whether in person or over the phone.
- You will actively assess clients' financial information by completing a Needs Assessment to assess total current and future financial needs. Summarize and discuss the opportunities uncovered recommend, present and sell appropriate bank products.
- You will review loan applicants to elicit information, assess appropriate loans, cross-sell opportunities, or communicate decisions or recommendations obtain and/or send proper documentation and to resolve related customer issues.
- You will network with local community businesses. When appropriate, refer sales opportunity to Loan by Phone area.
- If assigned, responsible for the managing, retaining and growing the portfolio.
- Refer clients as necessary to the appropriate banker or department to cross-sell additional services or products.
- Enthusiastically contact and consult with clients on a regular basis to update the Needs Assessment information
- Educate clients on changes in the financial industry that would affect them and the products/services they currently use.
- Actively solicit and obtain referrals from existing clients, internal departments and community contacts.
- Conduct monthly bank products/services seminars for branch employees and organize seminars for bank clients.
- Utilize the Merchandising and Marketing activities as required including functions such as: leadership support in promotional campaigns for products/services, training sessions and collateral display.
- Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ensure customer information meets all bank and regulatory documentation.
- Adhere to the SAFE Act requirements.
- You will ensure proper handling of service requests and resolution of customer problems.
- Maintain established customer service level expectations in accordance with the Bank's and Manager's overall goals and objectives.
- Deepen relationships for customer satisfaction and retention.
- You will perform other duties as may be assigned. This may include providing work mentorship to lower level sales staff when assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to synthesize ambiguous information and develop creative solutions
- Do you have two or more years' of direct working experience in all financial service products and services including Small Business Sales and Credit products and risk management procedures?
- Showing strength with computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard banking software.
- Requires completion of all basic branch banking sales training classes
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all
employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.