Talent Data Management & Analytics - Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10035952-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Monterey Park, California
- Other Locations Monterey Park
- Date Posted 06/30/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Americas has embarked on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: Growth, Business Agility, Client Experience, Effective Controls, and Collaboration. The Transformation Program is comprised of three large pillars, each of which is itself a large program and a
Transformation Program Office:
The Core Banking Transformation Program is a multi-year effort that will deliver a world-class Deposit Platform for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to enable the bank’s competitive market position. This will serve our customers' best interests by providing an improved product suite and improved channel functionality, increased financial performance, and it will also eliminate significant legacy platforms.
The Data Governance, Infrastructure & Reporting Program is a multi-year effort that will establish a new data strategy for MUFG, drive a foundational clean-up of the data capabilities across the enterprise, deliver a holistic operating model, rationalize and modernize reporting processes and output, and simplify data systems & architecture.
The Technology Modernization Program is a multi-year effort that will implement a scalable, secure, compliant, and efficient technology platform; enable the Technology organization to be 'fit for growth' to meet future acquisition, customer growth, and product needs; drive a step-change reduction in technology operating costs; increase speed-to-market; minimize residual risk; and ensure security and compliance.
The Transformation Program Office is a cross-functional team of Technology, Program Management, Talent, Organizational Change Management, Risk, and Finance leaders who guide strategy and execution holistically across the Transformation Program to help enable results.
The Transformation Program Office Talent Data Management and Analytics lead will fulfill a critical role supporting the Transformation Program Office. The role will be responsible for managing, analyzing, and creating reports for resource data across the Transformation Program, and will report to the HR Transformation Executive for the Transformation Program. This role relies on one’s ability to: aggregate, manage, and analyze talent data across multiple systems; develop informative, visually-appealing, results-oriented dashboards; and creatively solve problems and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve results on a large, complex, and dynamic Program.
- Lead data gathering and analysis related to Transformation Program resourcing, both internal and external (e.g., headcount, internal hiring, external staffing, and resource capacity data).
- Partner with HR Reporting & Analytics, Talent Acquisition and Staffing, Fieldglass, MSP, Program Management, and other internal teams to drive automation and other technology and process efficiencies around data.
- Produce monthly Program and Pillar Human Capital Dashboards and develop other regular and ad hoc reports as needed to inform leaders and support decision making.
- Collaborate with Transformation Program HR Business Partners and Program Management teams to maintain accurate and robust resource planning data.
- Mine Program resource data for trends and actionable insights.
- Conduct resource capacity analysis to identify and address issues where resources are over-subscribed or under-utilized, and identify inefficiencies in resource assignments and allocations.
- Engage with Finance Partners to ensure that resources are tracked and forecasted accurately and are within the financial parameters of the Program.
- Five plus years of experience with data management, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and presentation, preferably talent data in financial services
- Awareness of technology and data concepts and trends preferred, coupled with a desire for continuous learning in this space
- Sees self as a leader; demonstrates personal ownership and accountability for people, projects, and results
- Able to collaborate and build partnerships: working effectively and agilely in a team environment; building productive relationships with contributors, business partners, and teammates in order to achieve targeted business results; addressing conflict appropriately
- Demonstrate nimble and results-oriented planning, development, and execution
- Able to strategically and thoughtfully prioritize and execute work to drive outcomes
- Proven ability to communicate expertly, effectively, and professionally: engages audiences at multiple levels, and communicates clearly and transparently, verbally, in writing, and in presentations
- Strong technical, analytical, and data visualization skills
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau; knowledge of MSP, Workday, and Taleo preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail required
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish
- Capacity to work in a fluid environment with competing priorities
- Ability to negotiate with and influence others
- Bachelor's degree
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Corporate and General Services
- Primary Location Monterey Park, California
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time