2023 HR Summer Analyst Program - NY
New York, New York
Build a Career at MUFG
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering. We helped build some of history’s greatest moments and today’s biggest breakthroughs. Now, we’re shaping tomorrow’s innovations and are looking for driven individuals, whose curiosity can inspire our next great idea and our clients’ biggest breakthrough.
We’re proud to offer opportunities for students and recent graduates to build the foundation for a successful career, with hands-on experience and impactful mentorship.
Our bank is built for change. Join us in shaping it.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Level: Internship
- Length of program: 10 weeks
2023 HR Summer Analyst Program - NY
- Requisition # 10057716-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date posted 11/10/2022
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
Human Resources at MUFG is a trusted advisor, partnering with leaders on strategic human capital and organizational matters, managing an effective talent development program, creating a personally relevant employee experience, providing efficient service delivery, and offering insightful data analytics and integrated HR technology.
As we reimagine our bank to become more inclusive, global, digital, and innovative, HR is focused on fostering one MUFG by building effective employment practices and shaping the culture and brand through shared values. Our team enables colleagues to perform meaningful and purpose-driven work that maximizes their career potential. We strive to equip the workforce of the future with new strategies that support increased connectivity and collaboration.
On-the-Job Experience: MUFG's 10-week Summer Analyst Program begins in early June and provides rising seniors and first-year graduate students with hands-on experience and business exposure in the world of Human Resources. You will be placed on a team within a specific HR discipline that allows you to concentrate and quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the organization. You will work in lockstep with MUFG professionals at various levels who will serve as your instructors and mentors, while also working alongside other HR Interns.
Training: In addition to in-depth training in your particular area of Human Resources, you also have the opportunity to attend learning sessions led by HR and finance experts at the bank throughout the 10 weeks.
Support & Guidance: Your assigned mentor/manager will provide goals, share professional development guidance, and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to your growth. You will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different business groups and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. At the end of the program, you will leave with a better understanding of the world of global human resources.
HR Internship Placement Groups
- DEI, Culture, & Philanthropy:Leads strategic, innovative initiatives and programs that institutionalize DEI, Culture, and Philanthropy throughout all aspects of MUFG to engage our employees and deliver for our clients, shareholders, and communities.
- Talent Acquisition & Staffing: Drives robust internal and external talent pipelines which yield timely and effective hiring, engagement, and retention of the right talent to achieve business results and be an employer-of-choice.
- Talent Development: Enables performance on an individual, team, and organizational level through targeted programs and activities that promote knowledge and professional development of employees.
- HR Business Management: Oversees the smooth functioning of the Americas HR organization and spearheads a variety of key projects, initiatives, and governance activities related to the workforce and workplace.
- Global Talent and Learning: Designs and delivers learning solutions, programs, and initiatives enabling employees to build the skills required to drive our business forward.
Locations: Internship opportunities are available in New York, NY, unless otherwise noted.
- You are graduating in Winter 2023 or Spring 2024 with an undergraduate or graduate degree
- You have a strong interest in building a career in Human Resources
- You are pursuing one of the following majors/concentrations: Human Resources, HR Management, HR Development, Organizational Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Psychology
- You have a minimum 3.0 GPA with recommended course work in Talent Development, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Total Rewards, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting & Retention
- You are technologically savvy and have mastered the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and have basic proficiency in data visualization tools
- You have at least a basic understanding of HR-related technology, e.g., Applicant Tracking Systems, Human Resources Information Systems, etc.
- You are a self-starter who exhibits motivation, takes initiative, and demonstrates a strong work ethic
- You possess exceptional leadership, collaboration, interpersonal, communications, and problem-solving skills
- You show self-discipline, integrity, discretion, and sound judgment
- MUFG will not hire individuals for internships or entry-level positions whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis and would not require visa sponsorship now, or in the future
#internThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up. Speak Up.
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
If a passion for client service, collaboration, innovation and inclusion matches with your career aspirations, I encourage you to explore what’s possible at MUFG.
Kevin Cronin, Regional Executive for the Americas
I'm so proud to have worked for a company that supports inclusion and diversity. It's not just a claim; I've witnessed it in practice.
Claire M., Corporate, Investment Banking & Markets Summer Analyst
One of the most meaningful aspects of my experience as a Summer Analyst was the willingness of leadership and colleagues to spend time sharing their career learnings with our cohort.
Arjun T., Financial Management Summer Analyst
My career at MUFG started as a Summer Analyst in the Global Cybersecurity Operations Center and I now work full time as an Analyst in the same unit, responding to cyber threats against the bank. From my time as a Summer Analyst to now, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple teams daily and learn from many talented colleagues along the way. The opportunity for continuous growth keeps me motivated and the work we do is very rewarding. These are just a few of the many reasons I'm proud to work for MUFG.
Laura L., Operations & Technology Summer Analyst
Better balance in banking
We believe that high performance at work, and time for life outside of work, are not mutually exclusive. Our Summer Analyst Program is designed to accommodate hands-on development in a short time frame but also to ensure you have time after work to do the things you like.
Big bank with a boutique feel
We're a global bank with a local feel. Operating in more than 50 countries with over 360 years of history, our offices around the world have distinct identities under the One MUFG umbrella.
Training & Support
Our Summer Analyst Program is an immersive learning and development experience. Assigned leaders and mentors help further the knowledge and skills of our Summer Analysts through training opportunities and day-to-day interactions.
Culture of Inclusion & Diversity
Summer Analysts are immersed in our inclusive, people focused culture, and are invited to participate in our award-winning Enterprise Resource Groups (ERGs) that are aligned with diversity sectors.
High level of engagement with mentors and senior leadership
We believe in investing in the development of the next generation of leaders. Along with impactful mentoring, our Summer Analysts take part in our Executive Speakers Series, providing them with the opportunity to ask questions, share perspectives and learn from MUFG leadership.
Meaningful impact that could lead to a full-time opportunity
From Day 1, Summer Analysts have an opportunity to contribute in a real way and advance MUFG's business objectives while laying the foundation for a future career.
We're proud to offer opportunities for students and recent graduates in the following areas.
In the Americas, our Corporate, Investment Banking & Markets businesses provide a comprehensive suite of products and services to U.S.–based multinational corporations, non-Japan Asia-based corporations and financial institutions doing business in the U.S.
Participants gain hands-on experience in accounting, tax, and financial reporting in the banking industry.
Participants contribute to MUFG business objectives while gaining professional experience in specialized areas within Human Resources, including Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and Compensation.
Participants gain first-hand experience in risk management practices, internal controls, and governance processes.
Summer Analysts gain exposure and participate in process engineering, software development, information security, technology operations, operational risk management and project management.
The Regional Bank includes approximately 4,800 colleagues serving nearly 1 million individual and business customers on the West Coast and encompasses the company’s major business lines and shared services support functions.
Summer Analysts gain exposure to the many aspects of Risk Management, including identifying, assessing, managing, reporting, and mitigating risks.