Analyst, Markets Operational Risk- Business Unit Risk Management (BURM) TeamApply Now
- Requisition # 10054417-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 11/22/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
The Operational Risk Analyst supports the Business Unit Risk Management (BURM) team in the “first line of defense,” responsible for supporting and coordinating the application of the enterprise’s operational risk management framework within the North American Markets business units. Primary focus is on identification, assessment, and monitoring of key business operational risks. The Operational Risk Analyst will also assist in the remediation and management reporting of operational risk issues and/or identified control weakness. This includes both business-specific risks and enterprise-wide risks. Enterprise-wide risks include, but are not limited to: information security, data, fraud, technology, vendor management, business continuity, and model risks.
The Operational Risk Analyst reports to the Business Unit Risk Manager (BURM). The Operational Risk Analyst will play an integral role in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of operational risk management across the Markets business lines, including: FX and FX Options, Interest Rate Derivatives, and secondary market securities Sales and Trading (i.e., equities, credit, fixed income, securitized products).
- Help assess the effectiveness of established operational risk management controls
- Assist in the completion of annual risk and control self-assessments (RCSAs)
- Produce regular reports on the operational risk environment
- Identify, document, and monitor risk events, losses and issues requiring attention
- Monitor and report on remediation activities related to control deficiencies
- Develop, monitor, and report key risk metrics
- Work closely with the business lines and other external parties to facilitate the testing of controls
- As part of the Bank’s Operational Risk Management team, this position requires a general knowledge of and sensitivity to the current regulatory environment; understanding and adherence to the Bank's operational risk framework; knowledge and application of operational risk management policies, procedures, programs, and techniques; and the ability to recognize and proactively address risk
- Specific experience in the Markets disciplines (i.e. FX Sales and Trading, Interest Rate Derivatives, equities, credit, securitized products) and Swap Dealer / Broker Dealer regulation are highly desirable, preferably within the associated areas of operations, risk management, regulatory environment, or internal audit
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in finance, business or another relevant discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience performing operational risk analysis as a risk analyst, auditor, regulator, or similar capacity in the financial services industry
- The ability to use analytical, evaluative and/or critical thinking skills to assess risks and controls in Markets operations processes
- Ability to assimilate, evaluate, and articulate business impact when control exceptions are identified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with mid and senior-level managers
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work with a moderate level of guidance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
The typical base range for this role is between $65K- $82,500K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidaysThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid