Audit Portfolio Manager – Operational Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10040140-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 01/12/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Audit Portfolio Manager, Vice President - Operational Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives will report to the Director, Operational Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives. This position will play a key role in leading reviews within the Operational Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives portfolio, including project management on assigned strategic engagements in adherence to department standards. The Audit Portfolio Manager will also supervise the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up. The position will also be responsible for internal and external stakeholder management, accountable for execution of high-quality work, management of resources and timeline on individual engagements.
Budget management responsibilities may be assigned from time to time. Travel is required for the position, with an estimated range of 10-20% varying on the location of the candidate and key staff and stakeholder geographies.
- Act as a leader and role model to develop and promote a workplace culture that values diversity of thought, promotes integrity and creates an atmosphere that supports coaching and fosters accountability.
- Engage as a team player across peer group and in influencing the Audit Management team and employees across the department; and continuously improve self and department.
- Help lead the multi-year strategy for efficient and effective audit coverage of the Bank’s Strategic Initiatives and adapt as appropriate throughout execution.
- Provides business expertise and leadership within own and other teams; provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs; foresees, identifies and resolves problems; monitors results on an ongoing basis against pre-determined metrics and reports on any significant program changes
- Work with leadership to develop and maintain IAA’s strategy for the portfolio and perform ongoing monitoring activities for strategic initiatives.
- Help to identify and assess strategic risks and engage with key program and project management leaders to provide feedback on any risk and control concerns related to strategic initiatives, operational stability, and regulatory compliance.
Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Technology, Business Administration or related business discipline at an accredited college or university.
- Professional auditing certifications, such as the CIA, CPA, CFSA PMP, CISA or CISSP are highly desirable.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of six to 8 years of experience with internal/external audit or risk management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to lead project teams and execute large, complex projects and deliverables.
- Experience within the financial services industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies is preferred
- Possess knowledge of audit essentials, the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards, audit methodology and risk assessment processes.
- Possess strong project management skills; exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit workflow tools, audit data analytics, etc.).
- Exhibits effective communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills; and ability to engage with all levels of internal audit and business line management.
- Employs strong critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment.
- Process oriented coupled with a strong ability to develop appropriate program enhancing strategies.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Other skills as required by the scope and operations of the assigned organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.