Capital Planning AVP (Hybrid, NYC)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10055654-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 11/15/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
- Review and validate data, investigate any data/trend inconsistencies, provide actionable recommendations, effectively communicate and work across teams to resolve findings
- Develop, implement, and maintain regulatory stress testing predictive regression models and other forecast methodologies through the stages of the stress testing process including model risk validation, stress test production, Review and Challenge, and audit/regulatory exams
- Assist in the Annual Capital Planning production processes including: generating forecast results, consultation with the business lines and key stakeholders across the firm and IHC, participating in the Review and Challenge process, and production of the Capital Plan/14A submission
- Assist in FO desk interaction, ensure alignment of data driven insights against business intuition
- Ensure the implementation of models and calculators adhere to internal model risk management guidelines and relevant regulations
- Assist in monitoring and reacting to relevant regulatory initiatives and changes to enable to firm to stay concurrent with all its regulatory obligations
- Assist in other ad hoc analysis and reports
- Understanding in Accounting and Finance, general product knowledge preferred
- Strong Excel Skills, background in VBA, SQL, R required, background in Python preferred
- Self-starter and critical thinking are essentials, detail oriented and investigation skills
- Pragmatic, able to juggle conflicting and time sensitive requirements, commitment to deadlines
- BS in Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Risk Management
- 3 - 5 years of experience, minimum 2 years of model development experience
The typical base pay range for this role is between $100K - $110K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid