Compliance Officer, AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10047547-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location New York, New York
- Date Posted 11/24/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
This position is required to meet the requirements of the regulatory Consent Order, as well as the Correspondent Banking Audit for the MUFG Entities. It is for a replacement of someone who supported this function in JCIB (they have eliminated the position in their group). After extensive discussions internally, it was determined that the best course of action would be to put the replacement individual into the FIG Group under Yoshida-san to support the 75+ MUFG entities. The hired individual must be fluent in Japanese as to reading, writing, and speaking.
- This position will be responsible for the holistic understanding of the MUFG Entities. Day-to-day focus is on resolution of complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines, or processes.
- This person will be responsible for interacting with all the product areas as it pertains to the MUFG Branches and Affiliates and to assure that the MUFG be the subject matter expert on these relationships & showcase high proficiency in evaluating risk, supported by rigorous trainings and guidance from internal stakeholders.
- Showcase strong risk culture & accountability within the team.
- Identify risk flags and evaluate risk reviews.
- Interact with MUFG colleagues, local & overseas MUFG stakeholders to monitor & review business activities across various product areas, while fulfilling responsibilities related to Request for Information (RFI) to manage potential risks.
- Collaborate & handle all issues that may arise including but not limited to credit reviews, overdraft and other TB coverage, problem resolution, etc.
- Meet the requirements of various MUFG standards, policies & procedures.
The right candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in U.S. banking and international markets
- Excellent interpersonal skills including business writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of domestic and foreign financial markets and products, including nonbanking financial institutions
- Fluency in both English and Japanese
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience, Master's in Business or CFA preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.