Corporate Accounting AVP (Hybrid, NYC)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10056414-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 09/22/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
Job Summary This position is responsible for month end GL close responsibilities which include but not limited to monthly accounting journals & GL account substantiation, along with QTRLY home office reporting duties as well as Half Year and Year-End financial reporting responsibilities.
- Work with the team on daily General Ledger processing.
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Help prepare filing of quarterly reports (e.g. Home Office consolidation, SOX testing).
- Assist with the month end closing process
- Provide accounting issues analysis as needed.
- Prepare and update detailed procedures for Corporate Accounting closing and reporting activities.
- Provide documentation to external auditors and assist in resolving all audit matters in a timely manner.
- Prepare month-end reconciliations in account reconciliation tool for balance substantiation
- Highly analytical/ Attention to detail,
- Strong communication, (i.e. ability to converse with various teams & levels across finance on complex topics)
- Microsoft Suite
- Oracle GL (or experience working with General Ledger & sub-ledger trade data)
- Strong understanding of sub-ledger to GL flows, products, consolidation reporting and financial reporting is a plus.
- 5-10 Years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting and/or Finance preferred
The typical base pay range for this role is between $85k – $105k depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid