Corporate & Investment Banking Finance AVP (Hybrid/NY)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10054517-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 11/22/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
Global Corporate & Investment Banking - (GCIB)
CIB NA delivers the full breadth of MUFG’s global platform to our Corporate clients. Our go-to-market model supports top-tier core lending relationships across all major industry verticals. We offer a full suite of corporate and investment banking capabilities, including: acquisition financing, equity & debt capital markets, syndicated lending, securitizations, asset based finance, and other specialty lending capabilities. Our project finance franchise is world renowned and GCIB has strong solutions capabilities in interest rate and currency risk management, working capital solutions and global treasury management.
GCIB Finance Team Mission
- Provide information and analysis to allow management to make timely decisions
- Advise CEO/CFO on areas of growth and cost savings for the business
- Evaluate and monitor the financial returns for the business to optimize capital/liquidity
- Analyze financial performance to optimize resource deployment, including capital, liquidity, expenses
Background and Responsibilities
GCIB Financial Reporting
- Consolidate GCIB financials in multiple views to support decision making by management
- Work closely with the team to ensure accurate forecast, budgets, and inputs are in the financial systems
- Build relationship with FP&A partners in US, and central FP&A in Tokyo
- Help support reporting needs and communications between GCIB Americas and GCIB Tokyo
Revenue and Deposit Analytics
- Build and maintain revenue by product models to help explain changes in forecast and budgets to senior mgmt.
- Work with Heads of IB planning and USWB planning to understand key business drivers as related to revenue
- Generate analytics behind Deposit balances, revenues, and spreads
- Partner closely with Transaction Banking team to ensure understanding of key business drivers
- Produce in-depth analytics around important KPIs such as Margin on Liabilities (MoL)
- 2 to 4 years work experience
- Be capable of multitasking & prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Effective analytical and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Extensive Excel modeling and data analysis skills, Hyperion preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics preferred
The typical base pay range for this role is between $100,000 - $125,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Hybrid