Corporate & Investment Banking Product ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10034283-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 04/07/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As part of GCIB Risk and Planning, the Risk and Planning Vice President is responsible managing the risk profile and performance of all GCIB Products. The role will coordinate with business units and all risk disciplines to define, collect, and report on key risk and performance metrics to support the ongoing risk management of products, along with providing analysis to support business decisions.
- GCIBs primary point of contact responsible for managing risks associated with end-to-end product and services delivery
- Design a monitoring and reporting framework to identify key risk and performance metrics related to the delivery of GCIB products, including implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) / Key Risk Indictors (KRI) for new and existing products
- Collect information on risk performance and develop executive-level reports for business line heads and product owners
- Analyze risk performance information to draw insight into drivers for risk and impact on business / product performance.
- Develop product enhancements and lead initiatives to improve performance in line with Bank strategy
- Develop understanding of all major risk areas and MUFG’s governance framework and be able to explain risk processes and requirements to business leads
- Coordinate with groups outside of GCIB including Operations, Technology, Finance and Risk to support ongoing monitoring, reporting, and analysis and to resolve issues
- Responsible for keeping the Business Unit Risk Manager and Head of Risk & Planning informed of emerging risk areas.
- Interact with internal auditors and external regulators as necessary
- Provide supervision and review of junior staff to support execution of responsibilities
- The candidate must have 7+ years’ experience in a finance, risk, or banking environment and have familiarity with Corporate & Investment Banking products.
- Experience in Risk management and internal control design, implementation and assessment experience an advantage.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead efforts for the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills to develop and communicate monitoring programs and to encourage participation and compliance.
- General working knowledge of banking laws and regulations preferred
- Team player with excellent follow-through, multi-tasked individual with the ability to effectively prioritize work
- Ability to work under a high pressure, strict deadline environment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Finance
- Primary Location New York, New York
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time