Corporate Banking Analyst - TMT Global Corporate Investment BankApply Now
- Requisition # 10045920-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/03/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Analyst, Corporate Bank Global Relationship Management GCIB: Technology, Media & Telecommunication Industry Coverage Group
The Analyst will be responsible for providing marketing and operational support to Global Relationship Managers ("GRMs") heading business development efforts working with large and medium sized Media/Entertainment companies, businesses across the communications and digital infrastructure space, as well as our clients in the Sports Finance sector.
The individual will consistently provide relationship backup to the RMs and also interface with certain product areas within the bank to facilitate the further development of new business opportunities. The Analyst will handle operational aspects of business origination such as analyzing portfolio profitability, performing all follow-through of any deal origination process, preparing deal returns analysis and managing customer intensive processes (other than credit analytics). The position will require frequent monitoring and updates of the Salesforce Database and management reporting.
Relationship Manager Support
- The Analyst will coordinate efforts for the Relationship Managers (RM) heading up a business development effort, providing support where needed including industry research, marketing material production, coordination with product areas, as well as other activities as identified by the RM(s).
- The individual will prioritize activities based on level of importance to the overall department and at the direction of the RM(s).
The following are key aspects of the job:
- Assist marketing activity by providing customer and industry research when requested by RM(s):
- Due diligence related to prospective client deals
- Actively maintaining the Salesforce Database through direction of RM(s)
- Development of client marketing presentations and materials under the direction of the RM(s) and
- New strategic area development.
- Follow relationship development activities with clients and act as liaison with product areas to facilitate opportunities.
- Assist in documenting transactions.
- Develop knowledge (through internal and external training) of the bank, industry, credit and marketing initiatives.
- Will develop responsibility for global network correspondence, client due diligence and assistance with business origination as RM(s) deem appropriate.
- Attend client meetings when they occur in the Bay Area, when appropriate to observe the RM(s) and develop world knowledge of relationship development and management.
- Prepare call reports for review and comment by the RM(s) when the Analyst attends the client meetings.
- Liaison with various product areas on GCIB transactions to help develop more extensive knowledge of MUFG's product capabilities.
- Integrate developing product knowledge into draft presentations and transaction memos.
- A minimum of 1+ year related Corporate Banking work experience.
- TMT related work experience is a decisive asset.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent required.
- Banking related experience is a decisive asset.
- PowerPoint Presentation skills.
- Experience with spreadsheets and modeling is important.
- Previous exposure to accounting and finance (classes) is also important.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.