Credit Risk ProfessionalApply Now
- Requisition # 10039385-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 10/22/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Support Portfolio Management group and handle credit coverage for non-investment Corporate and mid Corporate clients.
The Analyst will be a corporate finance professional, supporting non-investment grade coverage across an industry vertical lending business. Critical function of assessing risk factors associated with a credit and determining appropriate rating based on established policies and guidelines. Responsibilities will include supporting the active credit management of a designated portfolio utilizing solid credit and analytical skills. Provide continuous oversight of portfolio names, monitoring for potential upgrading, downgrading and credit deterioration with the goal of maximizing net income and reducing credit costs.
- Support the management of a segment of an Industry vertical commercial loan portfolio.
- Perform due diligence and regularly scheduled evaluation of loan portfolio for which they support.
- Support preparation of detailed credit analyses and required credit application according to policy, including evaluation of corporate, regulatory and industry risk, historical operating performance, projected operating performance and capital structure.
- Modeling skills required for both credit application process and Quarterly Credit Watch presentations.
- Responsible for the coordination and communication of account information across various constituencies throughout the organization.
- Responsible for knowledge of country/risk factors on a macro level.
- Responsible for knowledge of particular industries and all current events in assigned portfolio utilizing internal and external sources.
- Oversight of covenants compliance database and facility closing due diligence, including documentation.
- Attend RM customer meetings when appropriate.
- Special projects as assigned.
Advanced Credit/Underwriting Solutions:
- Work within deal team environment (with GRM, Syndications & Mitsubishi UFJ Securities) supporting Senior PM’s in the development and analysis of financing structures/strategies to support/identify M&A and Corporate re-capitalization opportunities.
- Prescreen proposed transactions to identify critical structural issues and risks, balancing institutional policy with business development needs.
- Work on structured credit transactions (including Financial Solution opportunities, securitizations, specialized leasing transactions, and up-tier proposals).
- Understand and maintain base industry knowledge of industries represented in portfolio, including technical aspects, regulatory issues and unique credit product activity.
- Participate in client and bank meetings as necessary.
- Supporting the Senior PM, communicate and negotiate with CDA for transaction approval, including final hold level strategies to ensure alignment of risk strategy and policy.
- Evaluate and establish appropriate ratings for transactions and correlate appropriate exposure level with regard to exposure on both a transaction and group level.
- Ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements (i.e. CEA, AOA, FSA, OCC and FRB).
- Bachelor's degree; a CFA is an asset.
- Solid credit and analytical background, including at least 1 year of experience in a related role.
- Modeling skills required.
- Completion of formal credit-training program at a money center bank is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial spreading/modeling skills required.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
- Able to work independently and under pressure
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.