Derivatives Valuation Financial Reporting, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10033621-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 04/09/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
This position will concentrate on derivatives valuation in the Product Control Group and will be located in our New York City office. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team that will works closely with various groups across the bank on valuation and reporting.
You will be a member of a small bicoastal team of valuation experts.
This is a newly created position where responsibilities are expected to evolve but will concentrate on aspects related to interest rate derivatives valuation with the potential to work on other asset classes.
The candidate must have experience with interest rate derivatives valuation.
This position involves:
- Pricing derivatives
- Analyzing and executing various modeling approaches
- PnL attribution testing and analysis
- Testing market data for reasonableness and choosing the most appropriate sources
- Analyzing and manipulating large data sets to find inconsistencies, trends and other statistically relevant information
- Quantitatively analyzing individual trades and/or models to explain valuation details
- Building Excel based valuation and reporting workbooks
- Creating and documenting methodologies, processes and procedures
- Deepening your understanding of advanced financial principles: quantitative financial concepts, financial reporting concepts, complex structures, exotic product types, etc.
- Researching industry norms and the regulatory environment to help improve the group
- Working with internal and external auditors and financial regulators
- Expanding group coverage into other asset categories
- Ad hoc projects
- A four-year college degree with an emphasis in finance, accounting, business, math or computer related program.
- 5+ years experience pricing financial derivatives
- Strong understanding of financial products including interest rate derivatives, FX spots/forwards, credit derivatives
- Strong knowledge of modeling principles
- Strong proficiency with Excel and VBA
- Strong understanding of financial and valuation principles
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Highly motivated with intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Advanced degree in Finance, Math, Engineering and/or Business and/or a CFA designation
- Drive to independently learn complex subjects
- Familiarity with additional asset classes is a plus – Securities, Loans
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management, from first level supervisors to senior executives
- Knowledge of bank systems such as Bloomberg, Markit, Fincad, Matlab and Blackrock
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Finance
- Primary Location New York, New York
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time