Director, Fixed Income Structured Financing SolutionsApply Now
- Requisition # 35202
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/10/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc., MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V., MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities (Canada), Ltd. and MUFG Securities Asia Limited under Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd aim to provide an internationally integrated securities operation offering best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients and those of the MUFG group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
The Americas Structured Solutions team originates, structures and manages risk for structured finance transactions across fixed income, equity and equity-linked assets. The team works closely with MUFG’s relationship managers, bankers and sales force to tailor products that address the needs of the bank’s clients.
Role and key responsibilities:
Work with existing key clients and develop new client relationships, assess portfolio position financing opportunities, conduct in-depth structured solutions analysis, propose and implement Fixed Income structured financing solutions
Responsibilities will include:
Work with a diverse group of relationship and coverage teams to market and originate Fixed Income Structured Financing Solutions and opportunities
Assessing collateral & liquidity, credit risk and recommending appropriate solutions while managing risk mitigation, position haircuts, client goals & ROI
- Navigate internal approval processes and work closely with internal control groups
- Oversee risk management of transactions, including collateral and liquidity management
- Negotiate documentation with the client working with internal and external counsel
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. An advanced Master’s degree in Quantitative Analytics, Accounting, Financial Engineering and or an MBA is helpful
- A minimum of 10+ years of related work experience of successfully leading complex financing structured solutions with a focus on the fixed income product suite
- An expertise and long track record in financing fixed income products using both derivative and cash structures.
- Expertise in fixed income collateral, particularly structured credit, leverage loans and middle market loans
- Track record of executing transactions from inception to closing
- Experience managing risk through market dislocations
General skills & experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven and a strong sense of ownership & accountability
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and analytical skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.