Director – Transaction Banking Financial Client ServicesApply Now
- Requisition # 10051139-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 05/04/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Lead team in services to clients, internal administration, operations and client reporting. Achieve profitability goals for an assigned business unit and for maintaining budgetary discipline with regard to revenue collection, expenses and loss prevention, liaise with sales team on prospecting and lead generation, determine service commitment readiness and assess the adequacy of pricing proposals, network with other bank business managers to promote cross-selling among peers and participate in industry events and associations.
Relationship Management/Team Building
- Direct relationship planning for the retention of existing relationships, identification of new revenue opportunities and improved service delivery efficiencies
- Participate as senior representative in the calling programs for key clients
- Lead the team in the formation of service delivery upgrades, business development opportunities and conflict resolution for potentially at risk clients
- Ensure that relationships are being managed consistent with risk management, regulatory compliance and business resumption programs
- Oversee and approve marketing proposals to ensure service readiness for specialized services, and the appropriateness of client references and the adequacy of the pricing proposals
- Participate in marketing and relationship calling programs sponsored by other bank business lines as senior representative of the business line
- Service Upgrades & Product Development
Lead relationship team in project definition for service upgrades required to gain competitive advantage, to respond to regulatory or industry changes, or to improve efficiencies
- Liaise with product management, technology and operations to develop and implement solutions
- Set conversion standards and guide team in implementation
- Strategic Planning and Operating Budgets
Represent Business Unit in the strategic planning and budgeting processes for the consolidated Business Line
- Monitor industry and regulatory trends and develop internal action plans to address ongoing development as required
- Formulate business justifications for capital expenditures for improving product and services delivery
- Determine tactical changes required to meet short-term budgetary goals
- Staff Management
Establish and monitor performance objectives; appraise performance and recommend salary increase; ensure employee training and development
- Act as mentor; hire and terminate employees (or recommend) as necessary; coach and counsel staff
- The employee will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to, implement, and follow policies and procedures that support the Bank's Risk Vision, including the Bank's anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and other relevant operational, compliance and other risk management-related requirements as appropriate
- The employee is expected to further a culture of risk and compliance discipline, which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining compliance with Bank and business process-related policies and procedures, exhibiting a basic understanding of the risks associated with the employee's position, escalating issues of risk concern to management, and maintaining appropriate data integrity and confidentiality with regard to all customer files and business transactions.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years line management experience in marketing, relationship management or client services in financial organization engaged in securities related business, institutional trust and custody a plus
- Demonstrated success in revenue growth and relationship building
- Requires extensive audit, compliance, risk management and project management experience in addition to line management
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate complex business issues and ideas. Ability to independently develop appropriate interpersonal networks and support resources thought the organization as appropriate for the assignment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.#LI-Hybrid