Financial Analyst, U.S. Wholesale BankingApply Now
- Requisition # 10041470-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 03/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Global Corporate and Investment Bank (GCIB)
The Global Corporate and Investment Bank (GCIB) delivers the full breadth of MUFG’s global platform to our largest U.S. Corporate clients. Our go-to-market model supports top-tier core lending relationships across all major industry verticals. We offer a full suite of corporate and investment banking capabilities, including: acquisition financing, equity & debt capital markets, syndicated lending, securitizations, leasing & asset based finance, and, other specialty lending capabilities. Our project finance franchise is world class and we have strong solutions capabilities in interest rate & currency risk management, working capital management and global treasury management.
Global Corporate and Investment Bank Finance Team Mission
- Be a trusted advisor to the GCIB Americas management team
- Establish and maintain financial discipline across budgeting, forecasting and reporting of GCIB Americas
- Analyze financial performance to optimize resource deployment, including capital, liquidity & expense dollars
- Advise CEO/CFO on areas of growth and investment for the business
- U.S. Wholesale Banking Industry Group Financials
- Analyze business performance: revenue, expenses, balance sheet and returns
- Work with business and finance teams to ensure accuracy of actuals and generate timely/detailed/accurate forecasts/budgets and resulting variance analysis
- Work with Industry Groups to generate forecast and budgets
- Assist in the creation of the financials
- Process improvements for forecast, RWA and Credit Costs
- Own the competitor benchmarking reports by industry and product
- Partner with industry groups to understand variances
- Main contact for 2 to 3 industry heads and teams
- Regular collaboration with the product finance teams and central finance
The right candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 + years of work experience
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Excel modeling and data analysis skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint; ability to model and create complex spreadsheets, look up tables, pivot tables and understand/analyze the results
- Knowledge of Hyperion is preferred
- Effective presentation & written communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.