Global Financial Solutions Group, AVP (Hybrid work status)Apply Now
- Requisition # 10047252-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/22/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Assist Directors in sourcing, structuring, and executing “financial solutions” for asset managers, sponsors, and corporate clients. Perform market research on structured finance transactions, accounting and/or tax developments, and potential clients. Prepare client specific analysis, develop marketing materials and follow up on deal opportunities. Work closely with the deal captain on transactions, acting in a lead capacity on internal approval materials and deal execution (documentation, operations, booking).
- Assist Directors in calling on corporate clients, asset managers and sponsors. Help with the preparation of marketing materials, analysis, structuring charts and term sheets. Prepare financial and credit analysis memos and respond to questions from internal stakeholders, including by not limited to credit, accounting, legal, middle office, operations, and compliance.
- Assist Directors in developing marketing plans and prioritizing calling effort to meet annual revenue budget.
- Interact with the client to address issues as the representative of the Bank to ensure closing of transactions.
- Collaborate with other business units within MUFG to maximize collaboration and cross-sell.
- Strictly adhere to risk management and credit risk management policies and procedures.
- Monitor existing transactions.
- Assist Operations, middle office, and credit with the funding and maintenance of the facilities.
- 3-5 year’s experience in the client financial solutions business
- Understanding of credit and accounting – (required)
- Understanding of tax and regulatory issues – (desired)
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA, or JD) – preferred
- Series 79 and 63 – required within 6 months of starting
- CPA, CFA, or legal license(s) – (desired)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.