Head of Management Information Development - IDM, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 35212
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/08/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MUFG. The company conducts securities business in Japan through its domestic subsidiary Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. and internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International PLC, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. Through these subsidiaries, the company provides financial products and integrated advice to both its own clients and those of the MUFG Group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
Job Summary / Major Responsibilities:
The team currently consists of a manager plus four developers, providing support, maintenance, new development and project work relating to all Business Objects reports across Information & Data Management (IDM), Product Control, Finance, Risk and other departments as required.
This role will manage the MI Development Team and perform the following functions:
- Provide the necessary technical oversight for the primary reporting tool, Business Objects.
- Expertise in any other platform compatible with the current Tec strategy (Tableau, Wave, Power BI etc.) is desirable.
- Report and Universe development primarily in Business Objects 4.2. Dashboard development using PowerBI.
- Manage the team’s Business as Usual (BAU) and project deliverables with the key stakeholders and ensure all key parameters are met.
- Lead the IDM MI Development effort for reporting projects, liaising with the business, technology and change management.
- Provide the necessary technical oversight for the development of data quality capability and governance to extend the team’s responsibility from pure reporting, to achieving the firm’s objectives of better data governance capability; experience in IDQ, NTier or Gresham Clareti would be a bonus.
- Work with stakeholders to critically review the technological tools available against the requirements of the business to ensure we are utilizing the most efficient and effective tools.
- To have a matrix reporting line to MI Development in London to co-ordinate reporting developments across the international infrastructure; work closely with the New York IDM Development regional head and local stakeholders to provide reporting solutions which align to international framework
- Work with key stakeholders to help them achieve their goals where necessary and identify the best tool set to implement this.
- Translate Risk and Finance reporting and MI requirements into productionized reports.
- In partnership with IT and IDM Data Governance, optimize the Business Objects infrastructure, and define the data model and associated processing requirements.
- 5 years of Banking experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.