Interest Rate Risk Associate/AVP - HybridApply Now
- Requisition # 10047812-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 11/01/2021
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
This role will be reporting to VP of Interest Rate Risk in the Market Risk Department. The associate will assist in multiple efforts including senior management deliverables, committee package production, documentation updates, liaise with technology teams, address ad-hoc requests, and assist in communication to Internal Audit and Regulators.
- Assist in Interest Rate Risk initiatives including business strategy and new products, reporting deliverables, regulatory issues, and both technology and non-technology infrastructure improvements
- Leads effort in creating liquidity and interest rate material for senior management committees, including ALCO, and Board meetings.
- Assist in discussions and information gathering for regulatory and audit issues
- Assist to enhances the Interest Rate Risk framework and processes under leadership’s direction
- Leads interest rate risk projects (both new and ongoing) and maintains communication with technology, front office, risk committees, enterprise risk, and other relevant businesses.
- Tracks all open issues as appropriate, providing both the latest progress commentary as well as updating the deliverable status.
- Provides analysis of existing/future business processes in support of Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk change management initiatives and/or infrastructure and process enhancement efforts, including enhancing Interest Rate Risk reporting, regulatory analysis and reviewing Interest Rate Risk documentation; and advising on requirements.
- Facilitates, coordinates and reviews policy and procedures.
- Facilitates and coordinates production and review of the monthly and quarterly committee package.
- Assists leadership to lead and communicate progress to audit/regulatory examinations and submissions.
- Assists in researching and preparing ad-hoc management requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or degree in finance; advance degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant project management, technical, and quantitative experience in a financial organization
- Knowledge of risk analytics, including LCR, EaR, EVE, NSFR, FTP, risk sensitivities, scenario analysis, and stress testing
- Strong quantitative and programming abilities (C, C++, C#, VBA, SQL, Java, etc.) is helpful.
- Ideally have direct experience with an ALM software like QRM
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication
LI-HybridThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.