Investment Grade Cross-Over Trader, DirectorApply Now
- Requisition # 35396
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 07/14/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc., MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V., MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities (Canada), Ltd. and MUFG Securities Asia Limited under Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd aim to provide an internationally integrated securities operation offering best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients and those of the MUFG group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
The Director, Investment Grade Cross-Over Trader will make markets and provide liquidity to MUFG’s institutional clients in both, Investment Grade, Cross Over and High Yield bonds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage risk across a portfolio of Investment Grade and High Yield securities including hedging on both an individual security level as well as on a portfolio level.
- Trader is expected to work closely with research to assess the credit quality and specific credit risk in the desk’s positions.
- Pitch trade ideas to clients and provide relevant analysis and trading color to support recommendations.
- Work closely with Investment Grade and High Yield sales to understand the objectives of their clients and how MUFG can assist in attaining those objectives.
- Work closely with MUFG’s Investment Grade and Leveraged Finance Capital Markets teams and provide market color, views and intelligence to help them assess market conditions for the firm’s issuing clients.
- Work closely with sales and capital markets to help build and expand the firm’s leveraged finance and corporate credit franchises including participating in daily market commentary calls as well as participating in client entertainment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; advanced Master’s degree or an MBA is a decisive asset.
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant prior sell side or buy side work experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Excel (including macros and pivot tables) and PowerPoint.
- In-depth understanding of IG and High-Yield Trading.
- Strong collaboration skills and comfort working as part of a tight-knit sales and trading team as well as Leveraged Finance and Loan Syndication desks.
- A deep understanding of risk and how it applies to the Leveraged Finance business.
General Skills & Experience:
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.