ISDA Negotiator - Vice President - MarketsApply Now
- Requisition # 35237
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 11/21/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
The Americas Legal Department is looking for a Trading Agreements Negotiator with experience in negotiating ISDA Derivatives Master Agreements and other trading agreements. The role involves working with the attorneys in the department and internal and external clients in negotiating different types of trading agreements. We are looking for a versatile, dynamic team player with good quality prior experience in corporate and financial institutions and other sectors who can demonstrate all-round excellent technical, client care, organizational and communication skills together with an ability to manage conflicting perspectives in furtherance of legal risk management and optimized business flow.
Draft and negotiate trading agreements and related documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support documents, repurchase agreements and securities lending agreements, between MUFG in the Americas and its customers across all counterparty sectors and jurisdictions.
Review of and a good understanding of ancillary documentation related to derivatives including netting opinions, novation agreements, guarantees and any other documentation incidental to the type of products will also be required.
Review confirmations and related documentation with respect to a variety of asset classes.
- Assist with and execute other project work and research as directed by line manager or as otherwise required.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in Sales, Credit, Risk Management and Operations.
- Provide general support to other members of the legal team as required.
- Maintain and update the internal trading agreements database.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of and practical experience of working in the investment banking industry and experience in dealing with clients, counterparties and external legal counsel.
- A minimum of 5 years prior experience negotiating ISDA documentation gained in-house within a similar role or in private practice.
Deep knowledge negotiating trading agreements with hedge funds, credit funds, private equity funds and infrastructure funds.
- Sufficient general experience to understand the nature of new products related to any of the ISDA Master Agreements and the ISDA Credit Support documents, together with an ability to prepare and negotiate appropriate draft documentation.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and to make sound judgment calls in a fast-moving business environment, together with an ability to identify and manage contractual risk.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to forge good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively on group projects and independently on individual assignments.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, pragmatic and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organizational skills.