Japanese Corporate Banking (JCB), Credit Analyst (Bilingual English and Japanese), AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10040766-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 01/14/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The staff is responsible for providing administrative support to the Portfolio Management (PM) team and other stakeholders, including preparing memos and reports, maintain various bank databases while monitor and assure check/balance of various applications and reports in the credit process for MUFG/MUB. This position will be closely supervised by a team leader.
This position has three primary areas of responsibility:
- Portfolio Management
- Transaction Execution Support
- Special Projects & other assigned duties
Manage covenants, conditions, instructions and report required in timely and accurate manner. Utilize bank systems and databases for both the Branch and the Bank. Understand and adhere to relevant credit policies & procedures, regulations and laws.
Due Date Management
- Borrower Rating / PD&LDG due list – using Oracles (OBIEE), excel database, GCARS, etc.
- Credit Application due list – using G-CARS, access database
- Inform upcoming due items to PM/RM
- Due list – using G-CARS, excel database, Business Information Service (BIS), TOPS
- Send a list to LCU (if BIS will be used at JCBW in the future)
- Report to appropriate Credit Division for covenant breach
- Upload / maintain Covenant Monitoring Sheet in CAL (MUFG only)
- Inform upcoming due items & breached items to PM/RM
- Monitor financial reporting items – update database (i.e. Tops, Touch Point, etc.)
JCBW Exposure & Credit Account Management
- Download various reports from database
- Manage internal databases (i.e. Tickler, Terms & Conditions, Q-Active, etc.- may change)
Asset Evaluation & Watch Customer Management
- Monitor close watch and on watch list accounts (G-CARS, RACER, etc.)
- Admin G-Zeus data (i.e. register correct officers, check/adjust data)
- Prepare / Report to H.O. or other applicable unit
- Download the booking data
- Commitment, OD Liquidity Report - monthly
- HRR (Historical Rate Rollover) Report - monthly
- Action Plan – Reminder / Progress Monitoring - various
- BIS RWA
- Purchased Credit (balance report) – semi-annual
- VIE Reporting - quarterly
- Regulatory Reporting (RFIs) - quarterly
- ECO Report – semi-annual
- GM Discretionary reports – semi-annual (execution report – as needed)
- Large credit report – semi-annual
- Other reports
Transaction Execution Support (45%):
Input, review and manage accuracy and integrity of data and perform credit risk control. Communicate well with Credit Analysts, Relationship Managers and other relevant offices to help process loan onboarding in timely manner.
Credit Application Support
- Initiate credit package (G-CARS/RACER) with certain data input
- Create CAL package site for the transaction
- Obtain Global exposure list from CPMS / G-Zeus
- Obtain Historical usage data
- Handle G-CARS: Transaction reports (execution report, early termination, etc.)
Spreading Financial Statements in Risk Analyst
- Input financial data to RA (Borrower / Parent, as needed)
- Calculate the primary rating / SP rating (for MUFG Bank rating only)
Market-risk line Registration Support (Project coalition)
- Obtain CP code
- Send Swap/FX information to Middle Office
- Obtain Execution report from GMDA
- Perform other duties as assigned by Department Head and Team Leaders.
- Participate in the bank wide and/or department related projects, operational/process enhancements, system upgrades, procedure updates, etc.
- Team collaboration and proactive learning.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 1 year of commercial or corporate lending administrative experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively and professionally with other PM members, business partners, throughout the enterprise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under high stress and time-sensitive work environment
- Strong time management and organization skills; attentive to details for accuracy and integrity
- Advanced skills in MS Office and banking applications
- Good knowledge in accounting, laws, regulations for commercial banking products
- Japanese language skills are required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.