June 2023 Analyst – Debt Capital Markets - MUFG Securities Americas Inc.Apply Now
- Requisition # 10055494-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 08/11/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MUFG. The company conducts securities business in Japan through its domestic subsidiary Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. and internationally through its overseas subsidiaries Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International PLC, Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (USA) Inc., Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Hong Kong), Ltd. and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (Singapore), Ltd. Through these subsidiaries, the company provides financial products and integrated advice to both its own clients and those of the MUFG Group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
MUFG’s Capital Markets is searching for a dedicated, hardworking full-time Analyst to assist in coverage of MUFG corporate and sponsor clients. The analyst will support senior originators in Capital Markets.
Start Date: **Roles to start in June 2023**
Location: New York City, NY
The Analyst is responsible for:
- Maintain and preserve integrity of data used in marketing material.
- Update trading levels for outstanding convertible bonds by monitoring trading activity, reviewing market maker quotes and deliberating with Sales and Trading.
- Perform analysis on behalf of potential and existing issuers.
- Develop indicative pricing for prospective issuers based on comparable analysis and peer trading levels.
- Create and update relative valuation matrices to establish plausible arguments for indicative cost of capital, if applicable.
- Remain current on conditions in the global capital markets with an emphasis on US markets.
- Maintain databases of fixed income, equity and convertible bond issuance to stay abreast of recent transactions and trends to highlight in pitchbooks and market reports.
- Collaborate with global capital markets syndicate and origination teams (New York, Europe, and Asia) to construct global indicative pricing updates for multi-national clients.
- Coordinate with other colleagues within the MUFG suite of products and services (e.g. Derivatives, Liability Management, Commercial Paper, Private Placements, etc.) to demonstrate holistic value-added client solutions.
- Arrange organizational materials and assist with the development of working group lists, transaction timetables, due diligence question lists, target investor lists, etc.
- Coordinate arrangements and documentation for internal deal approvals.
- Draft Sales Memos provided to Sales and Trading to facilitate sale of transaction.
- Actively participate in reviewing and editing of deal documentation such as offering documents, underwriting agreements, press releases, and roadshow presentations.
- Ensure documentation is completed within the established transaction timeline.
- Assist in arranging market update calls, due diligence sessions, and investor telephonic marketing.
- Work with deal team banks to furnish clients with indicative pricing.
- Help with the coordination/organization of investor roadshows.
- Interface with payments department and attorneys while closing transactions.
- Prepare deal case studies and deal review for internal and external distribution.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to maintain composure despite unforeseen near-term deadlines.
- Problem solver; exhibits initiative especially in chaotic situations.
- Creative thinker; seeks to offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to integrate into a team and develop working relationships with MUFG staff in different cultures and geographies.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and hopefully some experience with Bloomberg.
- Experience will be provided on the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required by start of role.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.