June 2023 - Commercial Real Estate Capital Solutions AnalystApply Now
- Requisition # 10058206-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 01/31/2023
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Seeking Capital Markets Analyst to join MUFG’s Commercial Real Estate Capital Solutions team. Analyst supports origination, screening, sizing, structuring, underwriting, documentation and portfolio management for potential CRE loan opportunities. In this role you will be responsible for assisting senior team members in completing full loan due diligence and with preparation of internal credit recommendation memos and liaison with internal bank constituents for booking of loan. The candidate will be exposed to the full-breadth of structured repo financings and CRE loan originations, pricing, capital markets and other activities in CRE loan origination and securitization including CRE CLOs. Additional responsibilities include market research and analytics on current portfolio and prospective opportunities, cash flow modeling, creating presentations and reports, collateral valuations, as well as additional ad-hoc internal requests.
**Role Start Date: June 2023**
- Support team members with sales and marketing to new client / business prospects to achieve sales and revenue goals by evaluating financial wherewithal of commercial counterparties and quality of underlying commercial real estate loans presented.
- Work as part of a team to deliver both credit and non-credit services to current clients and prospects.
- Assist in review and structuring of new business opportunities while adhering to Bank’s underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure bank risk is minimized.
- Prepare and/or review of various types of documentation, including the need to report discrepancies to management.
- Support underwriters to ensure the quality, completeness and accuracy of the analysis that precedes credit and business decisions as well as supporting the overall delivery of the credit transaction including data entry into bank systems.
- Support preparation and presentation of loan credit to Business Committees and Credit Committees to include reports with cash flow, risks and strengths, borrower / sponsor and market analysis.
- Maintain database accuracy for reporting, forecasting and financial analysis purposes, including developing and producing portfolio financial summaries. Work to clarify and/or correct all issues or errors with open dialogue. Collaborate regularly with internal key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required by start of role with emphasis in Real Estate, Economics, Accounting or Finance, work towards a CFA designation is a plus. Real estate financing, banking, and/or portfolio management experience or equivalent a plus, but not required.
- Candidates should be extremely proficient in Excel with focus on real estate related modeling and strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills; with the ability to demonstrate the Bank's core competencies.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task a must.
- Team player mentality, self-sufficient, proactive, high integrity, diligent, ability to learn quickly and desire to contribute.
- Strong financial modeling skills, analytical skills & problem-solving capabilities.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Highly skilled in all Microsoft applications.
- MUFG will not hire individuals for internships or entry-level positions whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis and would not require visa sponsorship now, or in the future.
- Experience will be provided on the job.
- Bachelor’s degree required by start of role.
The typical base pay range for this role is between $95,000 - $100,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.#LI-Onsite