Market Risk ManagerApply Now
- Requisition # 10045183-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/09/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUS) is the US hub of MUFG’s securities business. Located in New York we have just over 300 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Market Risk Management (MRM) is responsible for setting market risk limits reflective of management risk appetite for trading Desks (including VAR, Stop Loss, Stress and sensitivity limits) and monitoring usage relative to these limits (including issuing breach notices and suggesting remedial action). MRM is required to have a detailed understanding of the risk profile and its drivers through various analytical tools and interaction with Front Office. MRM also has involvement with new product/transaction processes, identifying additional risks and ensuring the risk profile of products will be correctly represented.
MUFG market risk team is looking for an experienced market risk manager to mainly cover interest rate derivative and FX trading desks, and support credit trading as well.
- Monitor and signoff daily risk output. Analyze and assess the impact of the trading positions both at a micro and macro level.
- Work closely with trading staff to fully understand and highlight inherent market risks and define practical solutions
- Ensure adequate limits (VAR, sensitivities, stress) and risk framework are in place aligning with the firm’s overall risk appetite and desk mandates
- Work closely with the Front Office and support departments to establish new business activities and introduce new products
- Prepare market risk commentary and updates for the weekly Management Committee meetings and other senior level committee meetings such as the Executive Committee and Board Risk Committee
- Proactively contribute to wider Risk issues and initiatives
- Contribute to firm wide projects such as Ibor, FRTB.
The right candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in market risk or relevant function.
- Strong production knowledge on Interest rate derivatives with deep understanding of pricing and risk.
- Experience working with in a market risk role with good understanding of risk metrics
- Experience with securitized products is a plus
- Strong quantative skills
- Strong academics and relevant professional qualifications/accreditations, FRM/CFA charter holder desirable but not essential
- Good data analytical skills (Excel and VBA)
- A pro-active, motivated approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.