Model Risk Governance Manager, Vice PresidentApply Now
- Requisition # 10045742-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Date Posted 01/21/2022
- Location New York, NY
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Americas Model and EUCC Risk Management (AMERM) is responsible for the management of enterprise-wide model and End-User Computing Calculator (EUCC) risks associated with the Bank's development, deployment, and maintenance of quantitative processes. In order to manage risk in these aspects, the Bank has developed and implemented a comprehensive framework across its three lines of defense. As the second line of defense, AMERM is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bank’s model and EUCC risk management framework, including the independent validation/testing of models/EUCCs as well as the management of associated risks in aggregate at the enterprise level.
The Model Risk Manager – Governance position is a key role in AMERM and reports directly to the Head of AMERM Governance. The individual will manage AMERM’s governance related functions to support the Bank’s model and EUCC risk management program and can represent AMERM on behalf of the Head of AMERM Governance if needed. The person must be a strong risk manager with solid risk management skills and experience in at least one of the following areas: Model Risk, Inventory Systems, Operational Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory Bank Supervision. This position will require organizing and planning model and EUCC risk management related activities across various corporate entities according to Enhanced Prudential Standard regulations.
- Evolve the Bank’s model risk management program
- Maintain, implement, and continuously improve the AMERM Model Risk Management Policy and the EUCC Policy
- Develop and execute initiatives such as extension of the AMERM program to cover emerging model risk areas (e.g., Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning models)
- Represent the program to senior stakeholders and lead outreach activities to promote model risk management throughout the organization
- Develop strong relationships with the various modeling and EUCC teams and control functions related to their understanding of the AMERM program
- Serve as a key AMERM liaison to internal risk groups (e.g., Third Party Risk, Product and Services Risk) in order identify potential model and EUCC risk and guide the respective owners through the establishment of required controls.
- Lead the continued enhancement of the AMERM model and EUCC inventory, workflow and reporting system built on the RSA Archer platform.
- Candidates should show strong commitment to implementing best practices and possess high internal standards.
- A team player who can excel in a fast-paced challenging work environment with a strong desire to learn new things and the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- A high energy level with the desire to contribute to the ongoing success of AMERM at the Bank
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written are essential
- The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with business areas in a service-oriented and value add style
- Strong knowledge about model risk and associated regulatory requirements such as OCC 2011-12/ FRB SR11-7
- Previous experience in Model Risk and Model Risk systems.
- Highly advanced project management capabilities. Industry certifications a plus (e.g., CFA, FRM)
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working within a leading financial services organization (e.g., commercial bank, investment bank, asset manager etc.), consulting firm (e.g., Deloitte, Oliver Wyman, Ernst & Young, PWC etc.), or a leading analytic solutions provider (e.g., RiskMetrics, Moody's/ KMV, QRM, etc.). Audit and/or regulatory experience a plus.
- Proven track record of strong model risk management capabilities (framework development and process management etc.)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.