Portfolio Management VP - Leveraged FinanceApply Now
- Requisition # 10039842-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 11/13/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Active portfolio management of designated customers
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio as a senior analyst.
- Perform due diligence and regularly scheduled reviews.
- Analyze credit risk of the designated portfolio, determine accurate ratings and make recommendations of accurate and timely ratings to management.
- Prepare detailed credit analysis and credit applications in accordance with GCP, Credit Rules for Overseas Offices and company's Procedure Manual, evaluating the borrower’s industry/business/legal/financial risks and recommending extensions of credit to management.
- Coordinate and communicate critical account information independently and directly to various related parties throughout the bank, business line, product groups and credit divisions.
- Maintain direct communication with assigned customers.
- (2) Deal Support Work with business lines/product groups to identify prospective transactions
- Identify structural risks and mitigates in prospective transactions and recommend/enhance structuring of deals and covenant in line with policies and procedures.
- Advises account officers on credit risk issues/terms and conditions to create a best possible deal with a goal of maximizing profit and minimizing credit cost.
- Directly and independently communicate with credit division and ensure it is provided with all related information/analysis pertinent to making a decision with little support from management.
- (3) Policy Compliance Ensure compliance with external regulatory/internal policy and procedural requirements
- Participate in ad-hoc policy meetings to enhance organization wide credit risk framework.
- (4) Support and mentor junior analysts in credit risk management process
- Train and support junior analysts on OJT basis as assigned by MD or VP/Team Leader.
- Guide junior analysis in completing complex assignments.
- Study, develop and enhance analytical skills of the team through close communication.
- 7-10 years work experience in financial institutions or equivalent in credit and risk related function analyzing general corporate customers.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in analyzing large corporations with revenues over $1 billion and conducting due diligence on such corporations, developing working relationships with customer’s senior management.
- In depth knowledge of general corporate credit analysis, credit and risk management
- Ability to build complex financial modeling to assess the customer’s repayment ability.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in analyzing/supporting investment banking products including asset based lending (securitization, leasing), trade finance and understanding of structure risks inherent in such finance.
- Experience in underwriting M&A finance, and ability in conducting merger and valuation analysis.
- In depth knowledge of loan documentation and structural risks in corporate finance.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in global relationship management at major money center banks.
- Understanding regulatory environment both in Japan (FSA, BOJ) and the U.S. (FRB, FDIC).
- CIB Staff provide administrative support to BTMUS Registered Representative
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.