Sr. ETL Database Developer - MS SQL, Associate
New York, New York
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Sr. ETL Database Developer - MS SQL, Associate
- Requisition # 10047036-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date posted 09/14/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
MUFG is looking for Senior ETL Developer to design, build, and support current enterprise applications. This position sits within Agile Business Development Group (ABD), a subdivision of Global Corporate & Investment Banking (GCIB) in New York. ABD Group was established in order to quickly react and deliver solutions required to support business initiatives.
ABD team has developed suit of applications over the years for Bankers to manage, measure and analyze their client profitability and risk. These applications provide Bankers scalable and consistent solution to effectively monitor and report portfolio risk to senior management in real-time. Customer Hub (C-Hub) is their flagship application used by Relationship Manager (RMs – revenue producers) across all MUFG branches globally.
The ABD group has mastered the RAD Methodology (Rapid Application Development), using latest Microsoft Web development tools and proven database technologies. The rapid development integrated with traditional project lifecycle experience allows the ABD group to deliver a quality product in a shortened time without sacrificing the key controls enforced when using a traditional system development methodology. The major benefits come from an iterative approach to continuous enhancements based on business requirements. In agile development, development managers, architects, developers, business analysts and testers work closely with business stakeholders, focusing on quality and quick delivery of robust products on a regular basis.
- Senior Developer in Database Development Team to work on C-Hub and other ABD applications as required
- Work with ABD India Application Support and Business Support team to address production issues and/or to do development work
- Work with US ABD team to coordinate the on-going support and monthly release of C-Hub and other ABD Applications
- Report status to management on project progress
- Identify and escalate related issues and risks
- Coordinate with others in Development and Business Support team to implement new features of SQL Server
- Assess current modules and offer performance improvements techniques
- Make sure Database Design Standards established by ABD are followed
- A minimum 1 to 3 years of related work experience, Corporate & Investment Banking industry experience is a decisive asset
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- Background in Microsoft Technologies, Project Management, QA and with SDLC
- Experienced with DBA kind tasks such as replication, linked server, query analyzer, DBCC commands etc.
- Knowledge of with MS SQL Server development including SSIS and SSRS, data transfer from one DB server to other DB Server
- Ability to understand system functions and logics, to mediate between IT and non IT users
- Ability to deliver most appropriate solutions including both system function and non-system supported manual procedures through thorough analysis of risk, cost and efficiency of banking operations
- Knowledge development of Stored procedure, Views, Functions in MS SQL Server, data Encryption in database
- Proficiency in MS Excel VBA and macro scripting
- Must have solid communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities, especially complex, ambiguous problems requiring integrated application
- Ability to work under strict timelines and strong communication skills
- Growth mindset. You seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Willingness to problem-solve and hustle to find solutions (even if unconventional), positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses