Vice President of Compensation for CIB and MarketsApply Now
- Requisition # 35213
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 09/01/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As the VP Compensation for our Markets and Corporate and Investment Banking lines of business, you will be a key member of the Total Rewards team. The role is a critical partner with business leadership and HR Business Partners to develop and lead the execution of compensation initiatives that support business strategy.
The ideal candidate must also collaborate well with partners and demonstrate a passion for producing results and getting things done both efficiently and effectively. The incumbent must also display confidence and accountability to accomplish business goals and demonstrate resilience in the face of challenges.
The role will report directly to the Head of Total Rewards for the Americas and will lead a team of compensation professionals.
- Responsible for leading compensation programs for a line of business within MUFG’s Markets and Corporate/Investment Banking lines of business.
- Partners with HR and business leaders to develop and oversee compensation across the business.
- Influences leaders and HRBPs to effective compensation outcomes that are commercially viable.
- Develops and deploys market intelligence strategies and processes. Utilize deep knowledge of compensation surveys (McLagan) to determine competitive level of employee’s compensation.
- Reviews and designs compensation policies and practices.
- Delivers education and training to HR colleagues and managers on compensation philosophy and programs.
- Leads strategic projects while also handling routine activities.
- Executes the annual performance and reward process.
- Performs ad hoc analysis to support business needs.
- Initiates and maintains strong working relationships with leaders and colleagues across the organization.
- 5-10 years of experience in a compensation group with a large, complex organization or as a consultant with a premier consulting firm; financial services experience preferred.
- Strong client management and the ability to problem solve with executive management.
- Sales compensation design, governance and process experience.
- Ability to design and develop compensation policy and governance.
- Understanding of the financial services regulatory environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and business case capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing ability.
- Highly collaborative style and solid team orientation.
- Ability and confidence to advise senior leaders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Ability to get involved in the details while maintaining broader view.
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Knowledge of FLSA and other applicable laws.
- 4-year degree or advanced degree highly preferred.
- Travel may be required from time to time.
- Professional certifications a plus.
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you will like working here as much as we do:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts
Join us as we evolve our organization to become more agile, innovative and inclusive!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.