VP Project Manager - Change ManagementApply Now
- Requisition # 35195
- Job Type Day
- Location New York, NEW YORK
- Date Posted 08/20/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc., MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V., MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities (Canada), Ltd. and MUFG Securities Asia Limited under Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd aim to provide an internationally integrated securities operation offering best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients and those of the MUFG group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
MUFG are looking for a talented Project Manager to join Change Management department within MUSA Americas.
The successful individual will be responsible for delivering multiple ‘change management’ projects to support a series of business and technology lead initiatives as the Company embarks on a large amount of change.
The program of work will primarily be in the area of Operations delivering projects related to Transaction Processing, Clearing & Settlements, Middle Office and Reconciliation & Control.
Act as Project Manager responsible for specific deliverables within global/regional/Line of Business (LOB) focused program initiatives. This role will report to a regional program Lead and will be accountable for the core responsibilities identified below. The Project Manager will partner with a co-functional lead representing other MUFG entities and will require the leadership and coordination of various functional resources in the delivery of new process, procedures, controls and technology.
- Work with functional leads and front-to-back stakeholders in the development of strategy and delivery.
- Plan objectives, define scope and deliverables.
- Budget development and tracking.
- Project plan development including:
- Activity planning
- Resource Management and
- BAU model plus handover
- Oversee the creation and approval of core project documentation including business requirements, functional requirements, technical specifications, user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Document all required:
- Meeting materials
- Risk and issue identification
- communication and resolutions
- Manage a list of required enhancements, determine resources, time and approach to deliver.
- Oversee the design, build, test and deployment phases.
- Run Steering Committees and executive level communications on the status of the program as well as present actions for decision making.
Skills & Requirements:
Education / Qualifications:
- Prince2 or PMP project management methodology and certification.
- Excellent MS Project and MS Office skills.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of related work experience of successfully leading full lifecycle complex projects.
- Demonstrable experience in multiple work stream delivery.
- Financial industry experience a decisive advantage.
- Experience delivering Operations projects.
Project Management specific experience:
- Proactive Delivery of large multi-functional projects.
- Experience in the development of program documentation as noted above.
- Ability to execute, escalate, problem solve, present well and communicate clearly.
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills a requirement.
- Ability to work globally.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
- Experience with PPM tools like Plainview or Clarity a plus.
- Knowledge of Operations processes.
General Skills & Experience:
Excellent communication skills.
Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
A pro-active, motivated approach.
The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly.
Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
A structured and logical approach to work.
Strong problem solving skills.
A creative and innovative approach to work.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment.
Strong numerical skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.