Unsecured Lending Credit Risk Manager - AVPApply Now
- Requisition # 10045218-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Oakland, CALIFORNIA
- Other Locations CALIFORNIA-Sacramento, ARIZONA-Tempe, NORTH CAROLINA-Charlotte
- Date Posted 07/09/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
The AVP, Consumer Lending Credit Risk Manager reports to the Senior Risk Manager for Consumer Credit and is responsible for holistic management and oversight of credit strategies related to MUFG Union Bank’s (MUB) Retail Banking and unsecured loan and line portfolios. The role will work closely with business unit management and third party service providers in the development and execution of strategies that effectively balance risk and opportunity within the bank’s stated risk appetite.
• Develop and maintain credit policies and risk strategies that help drive soundness, profitability and growth in the unsecured lending portfolio.
• Build, test and monitor champion/challenger strategies that drive continuous improvement in portfolio quality.
• Oversee and/or perform periodic scorecard monitoring and validation.
• Work closely with third parties to ensure accurate execution of strategies and sound credit risk practices.
• Lead periodic credit risk meetings with internal partners and third parties.
• Perform detailed monitoring and reporting, both periodic and adhoc, to efficiently and effectively provide insight into performance of credit strategies, and to identify unique risks and opportunities within the business.
• Identify and monitor relevant economic metrics that impact lending quality and adjust strategy as necessary.
• Support credit risk strategies within direct mail and/or other marketing programs.
• Develop thorough, concise and data-driven business cases to support changes in strategy.
• Design, build and maintain a risk control framework to track portfolio performance and trends against key metrics and risk indicators including reports that compare MUB portfolio performance against industry and peer benchmarks.
• Develop and present risk assessments and key reporting highlights to the Retail Banking Risk Committee.
• Prepare written documentation in support of audit or regulatory exams.
• Support audit and regulatory reporting requirements including data extraction, report creation and research.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree and 3+ years’ of financial services experience
• Analytical experience in consumer lending
• Significant experience using SAS, R, SPSS, or other similar data analytics packages
• Expert knowledge of MS Excel and significant experience using all MS office applications
• Experience in general data management is preferred
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to senior management and executive committees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.