Data Steward - Remote
Phoenix, Arizona; Raleigh, North Carolina; Austin, Texas
Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
Data Steward - Remote
- Requisition # 10045248-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Other Locations NORTH CAROLINA-Raleigh, TEXAS-Austin
- Date posted 09/05/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Note: Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Data Steward, AVP
The Data Steward for Operations is a critical role with high visibility. This is an actively developing team, candidate should be highly motivated and should have a demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit. Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic, and ability to relate processes to data are important characteristics.
- Operationalize data governance and data quality issue management framework for enterprise-wide Operations
- Apply operations process knowledge to data concepts and framework. Motivated and enthusiastic self-study is expected to learn all processes in Operations. Review of procedures and process maps will be expected to gain understanding
- Guide Business to implement necessary controls and remediate gaps within operations business processes to comply with MUAH Data Management Policy
- Provide guidance on data governance risks and controls during Operations risk and control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Partner with and educate Business Process Owners and Division Risk Managers on data concepts including Data Governance, Data Policy, Data Quality, Metadata, Business Glossary, Lineage, Taxonomies, and Data Consumers
- Build relationships outside of Operations including Risk and Enterprise Data Office
- An in-depth knowledge of assigned business processes is expected to be learned over time
- Develop PowerPoint decks for communications and stakeholder meetings
- Point person for ad hoc requests as the team matures and additional responsibilities develop
- Familiarity with Operations in financial services. A broad understanding of multiple processes is ideal.
- Experience with commercial banking products and corporate customers is preferred.
- Experience with Operations Risk or Operations Production is preferred.
- Familiarity with Data concepts including Data Governance, Data Policy, MDM, Data Quality, Metadata, Business Glossary, Lineage, Taxonomies, Data Consumers, and BCBS 239 is preferred but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.