Director - Fraud Data and Analytics - RemoteApply Now
- Requisition # 10049025-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location Phoenix, Arizona
- Date Posted 12/28/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
The Fraud Advanced Analytics Lead will provide thought leadership on applying advanced analytics methods to the wealth of internal and external data to more effectively mitigate fraud risk and loss across the enterprise. In addition to collaborating with leaders in the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO), this role will work closely with our Technology teams and other business leaders throughout the organization to create a federated fraud advanced analytics function, facilitating the development of advanced analytics solutions using consistent data definitions governed by OCDO.
- Employ analytics across multiple business lines to enable leaders to change decision making related to fraud management
- Develop a standard process on defining data requirements, managing governance, creating advanced analytics solutions for use throughout the organization
- Identify new approaches to complex design problems related to advanced fraud analytics
- Lead proof of concept projects to test and adopt emerging advanced analytics tools and methods
- Ensure operationalization of successful tools and methods
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business stakeholders, proactively identifying and addressing advanced analytics needs to meet business, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Establish a model maintenance strategy and curate predictive models over time Develop and design presentations, reports, and other deliverables to communicate findings and make recommendations
- Ability to use data to write and tell compelling stories – executive level communication skills
- Deep domain expertise with enterprise fraud analytics and demonstrated experience with data-driven statistical analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in leading multi-discipline technical teams with hands-one experience in leading global teams of both full time, contract and offshore employees
- Demonstrated hard/soft coaching skills to develop teams
- Detailed-oriented planner who understands business drivers toward emerging advanced analytics technology solutions
- Experience in wide range of Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence and Big Data technologies
- Experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
- Working knowledge with data warehouse/mart design and implementation techniques
#LI-RemoteThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.