Issue RemediationApply Now
- Requisition # 10039643-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Date Posted 11/10/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to a senior level manager, the Operations Initiatives Analyst I is responsible for managing operational initiatives for the line of business to include process improvement initiatives, service, or efficiency initiatives, new product or system introductions, and merger related activities. Identifies appropriate solutions and makes recommendations to Management. The Analyst is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and is responsible for leading the effort to implement solutions and processes to enhance workflows of the department/division. The analyst ensures the assigned initiatives are properly documented and tracked as well as delivered on time and within budget. May manage one FTE.
- Plans and leads business unit operational initiatives from initiation to implementation.
- Articulates the line of business needs/requirements including identified solutions within the organization to obtain project buy-in.
- Responsible for ensuring the development of procedures, workflows, communications, and training activities related to the implementation of change initiatives.
- Partners with business unit managers to understand the needs and current processes of the unit to spearhead initiatives for process improvements.
- Leads the effort to design and implement innovative and creative solutions based on business needs resulting in improved efficiencies.
- Delivers assigned initiatives on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Provides regular status updates including reporting obstacles or variances that cannot be resolved that would impede the delivery of the project on time and within budget.
- May manage one FTE.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree in business or other equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years leading and implementing change initiatives preferably within a financial services environment, or equivalent work experience.
- Fully capable of handling business line initiatives with minimal support.
- Has demonstrated priority setting, problem solving, negotiating, and conflict management skills.
- Functional, technical, and operational organization skills required, including the ability to develop strong alliances at all levels within the organization.
- Sound oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Action oriented; Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the company.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and commitments concurrently.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing applicable PC applications to include Microsoft, Web, and bank related applications.
- Stay abreast with industry trends.
- The highest level of integrity, customer focus, and partnership is a minimum standard requirement.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to coordinate and direct activities of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.