Tech at MUFG
MUFG is undertaking a significant transformation initiative that will make us an agile company that is powered by a resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' changing needs first.
We are looking for resilient technologists who will help us build the future of banking with a new digitally-led, cloud-first, real-time deposit system. This is a rare opportunity to transition to a modern platform as a member of this high-impact team.
Backed by the strength and stability of the world’s 5th largest financial institution, you'll help build a bank you’ll be excited to call yours.
What makes you successful in your technology career at MUFG?
Check out the top skills we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Our Culture Principles:
- Client Centric
- People Focused
- Listen Up/Speak Up
- Innovate & Simplify
- Own & Execute
As we transform our digital capabilities and enhance the user experience to create integrated digital and mobile banking tools, we are looking for strong technology professionals who have the technical expertise to guide the bank on its journey to a cloud-first, microservice-based, real-time platform.
Dave H., Head of Core Banking Technology Transformation
For more than 360 years, our passion for progress has been unwavering.
Benefits & Total Rewards
Numerous choices for medical coverage (HRA, HSA, and PPO), plus comprehensive prescription coverage, dental and vision. We pay most premium costs and contribute to your HSA or HRA annually.
Monthly financial and wellness webinars, on-site healthy living events and one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
Competitive 401(k) employer match contributions with immediate vesting. Cash balance pension, defined benefit plan with 3-year vesting, fully employer-paid.
Education & Training
Tuition reimbursement for most undergraduate, graduate, and job-related courses at regionally accredited institutions. Internal training programs/courses are also available.
Programs and resources to support family wellness, including: maternity/paternity leave, parental bonding, adoption assistance program, dependent care and family medical leave.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, sick leave, time off to volunteer, and federal holidays, as well as salary continuation during periods of qualifying disability.
- Requisition # 10044522-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Date posted 06/10/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
In this role you will apply your technical expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis. Whether balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders or supporting more senior staff on complex projects, you use data and analysis and apply your experience, judgment, and risk mindset across your responsibilities.
- Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions
- Design and develop applications, system to system interfaces, and complete software solutions
- Create documentation such as user guides and software development guides
- Develop advanced code and perform code review
- Leverage automation in testing efforts and the ability to identify tests that would be optimal candidates for automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- Minimum 5-6 years of software development experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in a modern language such as Scala, Java, Python, C#
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining business intelligence, reporting and data visualization programs
- Experience creating end to end data pipelines as well as CI/CD pipelines for applications delivery
- Experience with major public cloud offerings and how to solution designs that are built around these technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and similar)
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and databases
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Minimum 5-6 years of developing at all levels of the application stack (front end/UI, middle/services and back end/database)
- Experience with Java and Java frameworks
- Experience implementing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience in designing data models and structures to store various kinds of data in different formats
- Experience with Python, Kubernetes, and AWS, Azure, or any cloud provider
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
- Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.