Strategic Initiatives Manager, DirectorApply Now
- Requisition # 10034091-WD
- Job Type Day
- Location Phoenix, ARIZONA
- Other Locations Raleigh, Austin
- Date Posted 03/24/2020
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Strategic Initiative Manager, Director
This role is a remote role that can be based in Arizona, North Carolina or Texas
Reporting to the Quality Center of Excellence lead, the Strategic Initiative Manager will be charged with fundamentally transforming the organization by moving the bank to a customer-centric, process managed organization. They will be responsible for driving out a culture of transparency, accountability and continuous improvement that delivers value to customers and business partners across the organization. This leader will be aligned to one or more lines of business and be expected to influence senior leaders to drive significant change in the line of business operating model and framework. This includes leading critical process excellence efforts to identify and execute initiatives to deliver efficiency and effectiveness and influence the business to adopt sound process management processes that will ensure the sustainability of the transformation. This individual will manage a team of process management professionals to a high level of performance and drive employee engagement.
- Incorporate business trends, business drivers, and operational opportunities for business process re-engineering, organizational realignment and cost reductions as appropriate.
- Ensure that the target design supports long term needs and strategy of the different lines of business in the organization. Leverage operational efficiencies to improve customer experience and sustain business growth and revenue initiatives.
- Create value through process simplification and service improvement. Interact with senior executives across the organization.
- Approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on innovation, communication, and incorporation of current and future needs of the business.
- Define programs that can be implemented in the short run and over the long term to accomplish these objectives.
- Execute responsibilities in the best interest of customers and shareholders.
- Organize and lead teams as appropriate.
- Work with vendors and consultants as applicable. Establish and monitor staff performance objectives; appraise performance and recommend salary increases; ensure employee training and development; act as mentor, coach and counsel; hire and terminate employees as necessary.
- Typically requires an MBA degree or equivalent work experience, plus strong managerial skills.
- Lean Six Sigma certification required (Master Black Belt or Black Belt).
- Requires 15+ years of experience with a strong background in banking product development and delivery.
- Finance and front office experience
- Must be capable of handling multiple complex problems and business line initiatives.
- Extremely effective at collaboration and leveraging resources.
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently.
- Must have the perspective and analytical acumen to create innovative solutions to tough problems and the motivation and drive to meet continual new challenges.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- Job Operations
- Primary Location Phoenix, Arizona
- Shift Day
- Schedule Full Time